No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too cool. its actually exciting to weigh in now. all of my clothes are way too big now, im actually wearing shirts from college again (13 years ago). im also running a bunch now without much issue. Aside from the weight loss, I FEEL better in back pain and overall mental clarity, physical endurance, fatigue, etc.

KETO is the real deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
      Basically, I’m drinking an Adkins shake for breakfast and lunch (boil eggs and almonds for snack), and a Keto dinner.

Regular portions. Eating veggies like greens, cucumbers, squash, etc.

Little carb intake. Haven’t had sugar or sweets in a month and haven’t craved it. I do crave the hell out of salty stuff now.

Plus, I’m walking/jogging/biking almost everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Do you track your macros? What do you try to keep your carbs to?

Comment

I should be in the last push to my goal but am struggling for motivation. Left for my 9 day elk trip at 211 and returned at 210 so I consider that a win. Over a few days of getting back into a routing I had dropped to 207, a 20+ year low. Lots of business travel, date nights with my wife and a few cheat meals later I'm at 206.9 lol. Can't say that I've had a strict keto day since the elk trip and I have definitely not been able to fast more than 18 hours.

Starting weight was ~270 July 18, 2017. I think that qualifies for a keto lifestyle, not a diet. Just don't see the last 20lbs coming before the holidays like I had hoped. I think I can smell the Octoberfest that is on tap a mile from my house and it's calling to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
          I should be in the last push to my goal but am struggling for motivation. Left for my 9 day elk trip at 211 and returned at 210 so I consider that a win. Over a few days of getting back into a routing I had dropped to 207, a 20+ year low. Lots of business travel, date nights with my wife and a few cheat meals later I'm at 206.9 lol. Can't say that I've had a strict keto day since the elk trip and I have definitely not been able to fast more than 18 hours.

Starting weight was ~270 July 18, 2017. I think that qualifies for a keto lifestyle, not a diet. Just don't see the last 20lbs coming before the holidays like I had hoped. I think I can smell the Octoberfest that is on tap a mile from my house and it's calling to me.
          Go have an Octoberfest! You deserve it!

I hope I can stay with it for as long as you have.

Comment

Today is day 3 for me so reading through this thread has given me the inspiration to go for the Keto lifestyle change. Some of you may remember that I lost 110 lbs back in 2013...went from 282 down to 172 through MFP & calorie counting over 10 months. Well...I've been around that weight for the last 5 years and I've been diligent in maintaining an active lifestyle and keeping the weight off. I'm 10 lbs up over that ending weight so I'm sitting at 185. I'm much stronger than I was when I ended the diet but I've never been happy with my physique...still have a lot of loose skin and I've heard a good fat cut can help with this.

So here I am...day 3. Macro goals are 30g carbs max, 160 g protein and the rest fat. I'm a small guy @ 5'7" so my maintenance calories are right around 2000/day (about 2200-2300 when working out). I will be doing a weight cut for the first month or two so my initial calorie limit is 1500/day. Once I get back down below 170 I'll bump my calories but maintain carb limit to continue to cut. Thoughts?
            Last edited by JonBoy; 09-27-2018, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
              Today is day 3 for me so reading through this thread has given me the inspiration to go for the Keto lifestyle change. Some of you may remember that I lost 110 lbs back in 2013...went from 282 down to 172 through MFP & calorie counting over 10 months. Well...I've been around that weight for the last 5 years and I've been diligent in maintaining an active lifestyle and keeping the weight off. I'm 10 lbs up over that ending weight so I'm sitting at 185. I'm much stronger than I was when I ended the diet but I've never been happy with my physique...still have a lot of loose skin and I've heard a good fat cut can help with this.

So here I am...day 3. Macro goals are 30g carbs max, 160 g protein and the rest fat. I'm a small guy @ 5'7" so my maintenance calories are right around 2000/day (about 2200-2300 when working out). I will be doing a weight cut for the first month or two so my initial calorie limit is 1500/day. Once I get back down below 170 I'll bump my calories but maintain carb limit to continue to cut. Thoughts?

I went full bore when I started(<20G carb) and got the keto flu. I remember looking myself in the mirror, miserable, and forcing myself to push through. I'd recommend getting some potassium and magnesium supplements and make sure to take in plenty of salt and water to help you "transition".

You got this!

Comment

60lb mark today at just over a year on keto. 30 or 40lbs to go I think. Gonna require another complete wardrobe change in another 20lbs I think.

Rich’s fasting thread really got me moving again. Doing extended IF now of at least 48hrs and it just shreds the fat.

I've heard that there are really good benefits from a 48 hour fasting.

Comment

I have transitioned into more of a overall Keto eating style, rather than a specific weight loss diet. My goal weight was 188. I have pushed it now to 185. I might try to jump start it again with the fasting or starting to ruck again but been working too many hours lately. Almost cut my thumb off back on August 29th and that has messed with my diet and the weight training I was doing. I am stuck at 191-193 now for about 3 weeks, I fluctuate up to 2-3 lbs a day. Been cheating on the carbs a little too much. Sure want to hit my goal weight but just can't seem to make it a priority right now.

Best wishes for continued success to you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                    I've heard that there are really good benefits from a 48 hour fasting.
                    I have been stalled for about a month now. Actually shocked that I have maintained my weight with as many cheat days as I have had. (fall weather triggers massive craft beer consumption) Sometimes it just takes time to let the body adjust and also find the mental strength for weight loss I guess. Business travel and too many Astros games have really given me way to many excuses. Now 15 hours in to a 48+ hour fast to get back on track this week.

Comment

I started the diet back in June. 275lbs when I started and I’m down 50lbs in 4 months to 225. Up until a couple weeks ago, this has been the easiest diet I’ve ever tried. I’m now starting to, not really crave, but want to increase my carb intake. It is challenging my willpower. Anyone else experience this?

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                        I started the diet back in June. 275lbs when I started and I’m down 50lbs in 4 months to 225. Up until a couple weeks ago, this has been the easiest diet I’ve ever tried. I’m now starting to, not really crave, but want to increase my carb intake. It is challenging my willpower. Anyone else experience this?

I found that sugar intake starts my cravings for sugar. I took a week off and cane back and was miserable. Back at it now. Trying to get back into ketosis.

Comment

Still holding it steady at 145-148lbs

I am still loving keto.

Comment

I’ve been on Keto for about 4 months and have another 10 lbs to go. Beginning to think about the next phase. For those of you that have hit your goal weight, what did you transition to or did you just stay on Keto and up your calories? What has or hasn’t worked for you all?

Comment

Originally posted by PL Hunter View Post
                              I’ve been on Keto for about 4 months and have another 10 lbs to go. Beginning to think about the next phase. For those of you that have hit your goal weight, what did you transition to or did you just stay on Keto and up your calories? What has or hasn’t worked for you all?
                              I'm interested in that answer as well as to what a person on Keto does when they get to their goal weight.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                                I'm interested in that answer as well as to what a person on Keto does when they get to their goal weight.
                                To me, you would slowly add in carbohydrates and up the weights to put on some muscle.. go back into a caloric surplus and hit the weights hard. Over time, you will add on a little body fat because of the caloric surplus, albeit. Bulk for a while until you hit a goal and then start over on the keto to cut the body fat again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X