Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y'all don't forget to get your Flu Shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A guy I work with almost lost his wife this year in bcs to the flu shot. Not just speculation but a diagnosis from her Dr. She is in her early 50's and could possibly never be 100% again. She went into ICU about a week after getting the shot with partial paralysis and other issues. She has now pulled through but is going from the hospital to an assisted living situation to rehab all of her motor skills. Needless to say I will not be joining those of you who are willing to take a voluntary needle!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m kind of like a dog. Once I’ve had my baby shots, no immunizations for me unless I get sick, and then I’ll take a medicated shot!

Comment

same here. Never had the flu and never had the flu shot.

Comment

Had three when I was young. Got sick each time. Never have gotten one since even at my doctor's urging due to my heart history.
          Last year I got the flu. It wasn't so bad except the recovery time. I was beat down for weeks.
          Then my blood pressure had an unexpected rise. My medicine was adjusted to compensate but doc says one could be related to the other.
          Getting a flu shot next week.

Gary

Comment

I stop getting the flu shot after I missed it a few years and didn't get sick. I was always getting sick after I got it. After doing some research it does a number on your immune system in a bad way. It has less than a 50% chance of working and that's a generous number. It can't and hasn't been proven to work and it even says it might not work. I'm not buying into the fear mongering that goes on in the USA anymore! All about money, not health.

Comment

I knew tin foil hat sales would be a hot item with this post!

Comment

If I had ever had the flu, I would get the shot.

I have never had the flu, and really don't want to mess with my luck.

Comment

Originally posted by robert13t View Post
                  I stop getting the flu shot after I missed it a few years and didn't get sick. I was always getting sick after I got it. After doing some research it does a number on your immune system in a bad way. It has less than a 50% chance of working and that's a generous number. It can't and hasn't been proven to work and it even says it might not work. I'm not buying into the fear mongering that goes on in the USA anymore! All about money, not health.
                  Fear mongering? I think you countered that pretty well!

You bought into the fear mongering by getting your dog a pfd......errybody knows dogs can swim!

Comment

Get one every year, FREE at the VA.

Comment

Nope... don't do the whole doctor thing. I think I may have had the flu once in 39 years but not even sure that was the flu because I didn't go to the doctor lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Fear mongering? I think you countered that pretty well!
                        Guillain-Barre Syndrome isn’t fear mongering. Especially when a loved one is in a wheel chair the rest of her life.

Fine print is there for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                          Guillain-Barre Syndrome isn’t fear mongering. Especially when a loved one is in a wheel chair the rest of her life.

Fine print is there for a reason.
                          Anything can happen, you just have to weigh the risk. It's a gamble either way.

80K US deaths last year

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Anything can happen, you just have to weigh the risk. It's a gamble either way.

80K US deaths last year
                            https://www.cbsnews.com/news/flu-dea...er-2018-09-26/
                            Ironic I know three that have gotten Guiillain-Barre, none that have died.

Speaking of a gamble, what percentage of those that died from the flu fell into high risk to begin with? Guiillain-Barre doesn’t have a high risk age segment

Comment

My ex FIL was the deputy director of the FDA and is a big time influenza dr in the medical field. He says to get the shot but also says there are so many strains of the flu that the shot is minimal in being effective at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Is there any actual evidence that flu shots help?

I talk to people every year who got the shot, and got the flu at some point. Some who got the shot and didn't get the flu, some who didn't get the shot and got the flu, and some who got neither......and it always seems like an even split.

I've never had the flu I don't guess, I've got the shot a few years, but usually don't....

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
                                Just because you get the shot doesn't mean you won't get the flu. It does mean you will be "less" sick. This is especially true for young kids and the elderly...they're the ones who die every year frim complications.

Comment

Working...
                                X