Patio and cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patio and cover

Just curious if anyone has had a patio poured and cover built in the Houston area lately? If so would anyone be interested in sharing the demensions and price they paid?

I paid maybe like 6k. My buddy built it. Paid $200 a day, but I was his helper. Slab was $2k.

I was quoted 12k.

25x12 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzy View Post
      I paid maybe like 6k. My buddy built it. Paid $200 a day, but I was his helper. Slab was $2k.

I was quoted 12k.

25x12 I believe.

Man that’s an outstanding deal you got. I assume you didn’t have to pull any permits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cant help you on price but I got guy who can pour the concrete. He did my shop.

I think he can do covered patios depending on what you want.

Let me know and Ill PM you.

(unless you live in hoa personally I would pour the patio without a permit)

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
          Cant help you on price but I got guy who can pour the concrete. He did my shop.

I think he can do covered patios depending on what you want.

Let me know and Ill PM you.

(unless you live in hoa personally I would pour the patio without a permit)

I’ll keep that in mind. Unfortunately I live in HOA and the City of League City will break one off in me if I build without permits

Comment

Originally posted by WildMatt84 View Post
            I’ll keep that in mind. Unfortunately I live in HOA and the City of League City will break one off in me if I build without permits

Ive done a lot of crap in LC without a permit.....I mean i know a guy who has done a lot of stuff without a permit.

Now HOAs are evil.

If you do pull one, Id pull it your self and "GC" it. League City is way nicer to their homeowners then the contractor in regards to cost.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
              Ive done a lot of crap in LC without a permit.....I mean i know a guy who has done a lot of stuff without a permit.

Now HOAs are evil.

If you do pull one, Id pull it your self and "GC" it. League City is way nicer to their homeowners then the contractor in regards to cost.

I’ve heard the same thing about the permits . I’ll definitely let you know if I pull the trigger so I can talk with your concrete guy

Comment

I can help with pricing (I’m not in Houston though).
                This is what I do for a living. Feel free to PM me.

Custom outdoor kitchens, stone patios, fences, and lawn care in Keller, Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by WildMatt84 View Post
                  Man that’s an outstanding deal you got. I assume you didn’t have to pull any permits?

Yeah. I had to pull permits. I live in an HOA and City of Houston.

My permit runner charged me $500 but he got me the permit back the same day. He did the drawings as well.

Edit: I wasn’t going to since HOA says they just want a drawing showing certain things. When I sent it to them, they said they wanted drawings approved by the City before they approved.
                  Last edited by Azzy; 09-07-2018, 10:19 AM.

Comment

We did one about a year ago. Slab was $2K for a 14x21. Cover was bought and installed through Home Depot for about $6K which was a 12x12. Would absolutely do it again.

Comment

Working...
                    X