• Show
Clear All

Need ideas for blind window covers/curtains

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4501.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	25101278
    I need some window covers for this bad boy. 5x7 texas wildlife supply monster blind. Anybody got any ideas for curtains or something? How did you attach and any input on what you'd change or suggest etc. Thanks!!

Aluminum or steel?

If steel just go to craft store buy cheap black fabric and sow magnets into top and bottom. Make sure to cut cloth. Wider than windows.

If aluminum... well the hard part is attaching to the wall...velcro works

Comment

I tied Para cord just over the tops and just below the bottoms of the windows extending beyond the sides. Then used black material held up with office type clips. cheap and easy...

Comment

Need ideas for blind window covers/curtains

We have the Texas deer stands. The windows are different but I bought some of the camo burlap from Walmart and used it. You can still see through it and just fold it up and clip it to its self with a close pin to get it out of the way. Our windows slide on a track and I was able to just hook it to the top making hole in the burlap Not a good pic but you can kind of see it behind me and my youngest one.

We also have a cheap box blind thrown together out of plywood with holes cutout for windows. We used some old burlap bags and attached them to the outside of the blind and pulled the bottom of it inside. This one also has close pins to fold it up and get it out of the way. A few of these "curtains" have about a 10-12 inch slit cut down the middle of them. With the slit you can just stick the barrel out and shoot without having to move the entire curtain out of the way. This is the wooden blind curtains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do a lot of Bow Hunting for hogs from the Box Blind at night. On those cold nights it would be nice to run the Mr. Buddy Heater, but it tends to make the stand glow. I have completely painted the inside black, and it has helped a lot. Always looking for tips to help stay concealed. Bump for more good Info.

Comment

I bought a couple yards of black fleece fabric, and had my momma sew them so I could stick a rod in them, and I pull them up and secure with a shock cord (heavy elastic banding)

Works good, and cheap. Just a little effort invested to hang them up.

Comment

I found some garden lattice and attached it with hinges to swing up and out of the way

Comment

If it has carpet in it, cheap black cloth from Walmart fitted with Velcro tape works great. You could use Cami as welll.

Comment

We've cut black, or dark camo material to size, installed grommets and hung from magnetic hooks in Atascosa blinds. These blinds have steel interiors which helps with the magnets.

For the BowBlynds we just put out, we use the same type material, with hooks on the inside of the window and magnets on the outside.

Here are the magnets both hooks and backside of windows:

Name:	magnetic hooks.JPG
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	24473316

Name:	magnets.JPG
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	24473317

Here are the curtains. The long ones are used to cover the big, bow windows not in use while hunting.

Name:	2016-11-16 20.43.43sm.jpg
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	24473318

Comment

You paid that much money for a blind and it didn't come with curtains?

Rip off.

Comment

Hey Joe how are you!? Tell your Pop's I said hello! Hunt well my Brother!

Azle

Comment

Working...
                      X