Re-plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-plant

Army worms got my food plot, if it is dry enough this weekend I plan to Re-plant do you think its to late? plan on planting wheat again.

Nope not too late. It will come up just in time for the next bunch of army worms marching through Lost all my grass to army worms too.

Comment

Definitely not too late.

Comment

Go for it! Best time IMO

Comment

Where are you trying to plant? If its Burnet, Llano, San Saba, or Mills county its way to wet but not to late.

Comment

I've got 800# of wheat waiting to be planted. I just need it to dry up some.

Comment

Not too late. I've put off planting also. I hope it's dry enough for Sunday-Monday planting.

Comment

sounds great thanks.

Comment

Thought I was being smart by waiting till it was cool enough to not worry about army worms as much then it's rained for the past several weeks.lol got 1000#s waiting for it to dry out. Hopefully next week it will be good to go.

Comment

If my place drys out enough after last nights rain I plan to seed this weekend. Likely only doing oats at this point.

Comment

I been replanting small areas with a hand seeder, it holds 5 pounds of seed so I can replant even in the wet areas

Comment

I have been planting ever since the first cool down killed the worms in Llano county. I can only plant a couple acres at a time, as that is all that is dry enough to plow right now. Can't get to the bottom part of the plot, too wet. Point is, as wet as it is, the stuff I have thrown out and not even plowed in has come up great.
                        I will plant the rest of my oats on Monday and then switch to rye on the last plot that is currently still underwater and will not be dry enough to plant for at least a month.

Comment

Broadcasting by hand small plots near Mineral Wells, do not want to use throw-n-grow. What you say?

Comment

you can plant wheat well into January.

Comment

I grain drilled 1 field 2 weeks ago. Came up awesome

Other fields were too wet, so I threw out by hand. It sucked, but it also came up good where I put seed down. We had army worms in our hay field which connects to 1 plot. Killed them all and none in my plots.

I am not sure another batch of army worms will make it this late with the cold.

Comment

Working...
                              X