2018-2019 Hill Country Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
    Friday night he followed his routine and gave me a quartering away shot at 22 yards!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Stud!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Friday night he followed his routine and gave me a quartering away shot at 22 yards!

Congrats Great Buck!

Comment

We were at our place in San Saba over the weekend. Had 3.2 inches of rain last week & .60 Sat afternoon with more forecast this week. Country is lush & wet. Deer not hitting feed much. I sat 3 times & never saw a deer, did see some at camp feeder Sat AM. Son saw a few. So glad to see the country like this after the brutal summer we had. We had our co-op meeting Sat & fawn crop is way down this season. Hoping for better conditions next spring & the does drop a lot that make it. We do have some nice bucks around & hoping 1 slips up later in the season.

Comment

Amazing buck hog hunter! So glad you got him down! I’d love to see the measurements if you are so inclined!

We are seeing the exact same thing DUKFVR. Very low fawn crop. I bet we are around 20% max. I love seeing the ranch in the shape it is in now, even though I hate how slow the hunting is for the lease hunters. There is no way I’ll complain about too much rain, we’ll take as much as the Lord wants to give!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
            Amazing buck hog hunter! So glad you got him down! I’d love to see the measurements if you are so inclined!

We are seeing the exact same thing DUKFVR. Very low fawn crop. I bet we are around 20% max. I love seeing the ranch in the shape it is in now, even though I hate how slow the hunting is for the lease hunters. There is no way I’ll complain about too much rain, we’ll take as much as the Lord wants to give!

Amen Puncher on the rain! Raining right now at our place. Our fawn crop was estimated at 30%.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              Amen Puncher on the rain! Raining right now at our place. Our fawn crop was estimated at 30%.
              If it keeps building as it’s moving South we should get some more as well.

Comment

Thank you very much! He scored 149 5/8" gross. 17" inside spread, 11.5" left G2 and 10" or more G3s and other G2. 20"+ main beams with all mass measurements from 3"-4".

Comment

This is him from 4.5 in 2017 to 5.5 in 2018 during a bad drought year.

Comment

This is him from 4.5 in 2017 to 5.5 in 2018 during a bad drought year.

Did he break off part of his right brow last year? If not, they alternated lengths.
                    Awesome buck! I hope that one day we can get to where y’all are. Top notch!

Comment

Did he break off part of his right brow last year? If not, they alternated lengths.
                      Awesome buck! I hope that one day we can get to where y’all are. Top notch!
                      He broke off his left side G3 last year and did not have a G4. This year he grew some trash at the base of his left brow and it made a 90 degree bend so that is why it's shorter.

Comment

If it keeps building as it’s moving South we should get some more as well.
                        We are at 4.2” since midnight! Tanks should be completely full now. Answered prayers!

Comment

He broke off his left side G3 last year and did not have a G4. This year he grew some trash at the base of his left brow and it made a 90 degree bend so that is why it's shorter.

He’s a stud of a buck! So glad you were able to harvest him and share the pictures with us. It’s more than obvious that your management plan is working.

Comment

Thank you. Best advice I can give is just never shoot any deer under 4.5 years old and resist the urge to shoot a stud 4.5 year old by telling yourself the neighbors will shoot him. We have rifle hunters on 3 sides of us so they get several good deer each year but the ones they don't get are our trophies the following year. If we would've had a wet spring I think he could have been pushing 155.
                            He’s a stud of a buck! So glad you were able to harvest him and share the pictures with us. It’s more than obvious that your management plan is working.

Comment

Nice guys! Finally caught up with a boar that has been harder to hunt than any deer here so far. He had a 3 blade rage stuck in his ear area under the skin.

Comment

Such a pretty animal! Glad you got him!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X