Headed Down To Rockport - need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed Down To Rockport - need Advice

So I've got the green light and headed down in the morning to help our friends clean up and start some repairs. They live on copano side over by Salt Lake - appreciate any advice on going down there. I'll be loaded up to be self sufficient for a few days at least. Gonna plan on heading 183/77 then cutting over on 188 to come in to Rockport.

Appreciate any advice or guidance from those in the "know?"

G.
    Last edited by gneimeth; 08-28-2017, 08:41 PM.

Check TxDot website for road closures. The intersection at 188 and 1069 shows to be flooded

Comment

Originally posted by MDMEADTX View Post
      Check TxDot website for road closures. The intersection at 188 and 1069 shows to be flooded
      We went 37 to 181 to 35 into Aransas Pass Yesterday.

They were open.

Lots of power lines still down.

Get gas before you think you need to. We stopped before Mathis and they still didnt have power and were closed. I think I saw they had power when we were headed back though, and we found a place in Corpus that had power and filled up there on the way down... so just dont run to Empty thinking you are guaranteed gas at the next exit.

Comment

Quote from from Mayor in link above...

I want to reiterate that now is not the time to return. No power, no water, no bathroom facilities, no gasoline, no stores and no restaurants. There is still debris on the roadway and many residents coming in to check their homes have left with remnants that puncture their tires.
        Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 08-29-2017, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Green light from the local authorities?

Comment

Drivetexas.org

Anything else is a waste of your time.

Comment

Thanks all for the advice - I'm packing up now to head out. Will try to update when I can...

Comment

Working...
              X