• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good!!!

Comment

It's been a while but I'm back at it. I finally finished the block work and began to lay in the fire bricks. And of course I ran out of them. The chimney needs to be cemented as well and I am having someone make me custom tops and doors. Then I could finally finish covering it with flagstone.
        Attached Files

Comment

that is looking good. can't wait to see the finished product.

I don't see anything on the side in which you have allocated for the propane grill side? The other side i see rebar that support your grates but on the propane side i don't see anything. How will you arrange those?

Comment

Looking great. I'll be doing something similar within the next couple years (God willing). I can't remember, did you say you're doing more than one rack in the smoker? Will you be adding a rack in the firebox as well? Is that where you'll do your gas grilling too?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
              that is looking good. can't wait to see the finished product.

I don't see anything on the side in which you have allocated for the propane grill side? The other side i see rebar that support your grates but on the propane side i don't see anything. How will you arrange those?
              I'm putting solid cinder blocks to build up so it's at a working height. I'll take more picks as I continue to add

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                Looking great. I'll be doing something similar within the next couple years (God willing). I can't remember, did you say you're doing more than one rack in the smoker? Will you be adding a rack in the firebox as well? Is that where you'll do your gas grilling too?
                So far I have it set up for only one rack, but there's always room to change that. I don't think I'll need more than that. I'm going to put a removable rack in the fire box for when I want to cook with charcoal. I'll take more picks as I continue to build.

Comment

following

Comment

Tag. Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I do mine, I was thinking about running the gas to the firebox and adding a removable rack so it could double as a firebox or a gas grill. For those in the know, any reason not to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                        When I do mine, I was thinking about running the gas to the firebox and adding a removable rack so it could double as a firebox or a gas grill. For those in the know, any reason not to do that?
                        I thought about doing this, but I thought that the heat and expose time to the components would mess them up. That's why I made a separate section for propane

Comment

Good job Efren

Comment

looking good!

Comment

I finally finished the fire box lining with the firebrick. A welder quote me for the lids and door for $600. I called a local metal company and they quoted me for $160. So, I ran across town to get them cut for me, but apperently, the lady on the phone quoted me for the diamond shaped grill used t put the food on (I was pizzed because I had to drive across town. They gave me a quote on the actual metal I wanted (1/8 inch thickness) and they said $280 plus tax. I didn't realize how expensive it was going to be but apparently prices have almost doubled because of the trump policies about imports. Whatever. I was already there so I went ahead and bought them. I was able to talk him into giving me a bunch of scrap metal so I could practice my welding so I could weld hinges and handles. This is how it's looking so far.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                                X