Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Warming....err.....Climate Change.....err.....Cooling

Pretty interesting read:

Well it appears emission controls and government regulations are really starting to work!

Comment

Originally posted by stuck View Post
      well it appears emission controls and government regulations are really starting to work!
      haha

Comment

That's what happens when half the population buys into the man-made climate change scam and become Prius owners. They need to go trade that Prius in for a stump jumping pick up truck and let's heat this planet back up!

Comment

Funny. Climate change is inevitable and ceaseless. We are...according to historic global climate cycles...proceeding toward the next ice age.

Comment

Freaking Obama fixed the economy and the climate. How about that?

Comment

How...inconvenient.

Comment

Is it true that a wind generator actually leaves a larger footprint to make and install and maintain than it is capable of generating in it's lifetime?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  How...inconvenient.
                  I see what you did there.

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
                    Is it true that a wind generator actually leaves a larger footprint to make and install and maintain than it is capable of generating in it's lifetime?
                    I don't believe this but it can be true that most of them can't make money without subsidies.

All depends on how much the wind blows and wholesale power prices in the area where the turbines are. Plus factor in transmission and congestion costs. Wind generation is a risky business.

We really need the efficiency of solar panels to get beyond 80% AND storage strategies (utility-class batteries) to make renewables a viable option to replace coal and natgas fired generation. We're a long way from 80% now.

Comment

Oh great. When I was a kid they said we were in a cooling period and we were all gunna die. I BARELY escaped that alive, then Al Gore said we were all going to die from the heating. Again, I lucked out and made it through. I dont know if I have another narrow escape left in me!

Comment

It's all because of the ethanol scam.

Comment

blahblahblah..... let me know when toilets flush right again

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Freaking Obama fixed the economy and the climate. How about that?
                            And Iran

Comment

Working...
                            X