No announcement yet.

Peep sight issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can install one without a press, but it's better if you have one. Esp. if the peep doesn't line up the first try.

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
      You can install one without a press, but it's better if you have one. Esp. if the peep doesn't line up the first try.
      Do you even own a compound bow!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by kabob View Post
        When the bow is at full draw, there is very little pressure on the string allowing a second person to move or replace the peep by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
          When the bow is at full draw, there is very little pressure on the string allowing a second person to move or replace the peep by hand.
          Tip for this is to lower the poundage to hold it a bit longer. Also some bows you can put an Allen wrench in the cam and it won't allow it to rotate so you can do it yourself. All about what bow you have

Comment

A cheap $2.99 carbon express peep at academy is all I used for years until I sold my bow with that peep in it. Half the string on either side, and is much less bulky than a tri peep. Make the switch, it'll be well worth it

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
              Tip for this is to lower the poundage to hold it a bit longer. Also some bows you can put an Allen wrench in the cam and it won't allow it to rotate so you can do it yourself. All about what bow you have
              Please do not put an Allen wrench in your cam. Too many stories out there of bent cam rails, ruined limbs, and messed up strings because of this technique. If you don't have a press or access to one, buy a string splitter. You can insert it before taking out the old peep and it will simply keep the string open.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                that was just ment as a jab at John

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                Please do not put an Allen wrench in your cam. Too many stories out there of bent cam rails, ruined limbs, and messed up strings because of this technique. If you don't have a press or access to one, buy a string splitter. You can insert it before taking out the old peep and it will simply keep the string open.
                I dont know if you keep up with pro archers but I watched reo wilde (number one in the world) stick a allen wrench in his bow at the texas shoot out two years ago in between shooting lines.......
                But your right unless your really careful you can easily damage your bow

Comment

LOL. Sometimes I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                    This is actually what I meant.

Comment

that was just ment as a jab at John

I dont know if you keep up with pro archers but I watched reo wilde (number one in the world) stick a allen wrench in his bow at the texas shoot out two years ago in between shooting lines.......
                      But your right unless your really careful you can easily damage your bow
                      Yea, but Reo knows what he's doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X