No announcement yet.

Follow me thru Harvey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to you man. if you need a pump...harbor freight has a three inch trash for 379 bucks. i have run mine a gillion hours.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
      Prayers up and following. I'm down the road from you in Cypress. Last 100 year flood we had (the 2nd one of 2016), my street never even showed much puddling during the rain. Somehow though hours after the rain stopped, Telge began seriously flooding north of Little Cypress Creek and that water backed up into my neighborhood. Water got a few feet up my driveway which caused some concern.
      I'm only sharing this because of your opening statement regarding over development. I know that even though our neighborhood drains well, they have put so much stupid stuff in downstream that it is now causing problems we never had before.

I remember seeing on the news that along 99 there were plenty of people flooding that never had before.

When Allison hit the house I was in never flooded before. 3 1/2 foot in the house.

Let's hope this storm keeps moving & not stall out over us like Allison did.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
        There are ways to fix it but I'm not sure who does it? City or state? I work all around Houston where they are actually going through and lowering the streets 12-18". I'm assuming they are only able to do this if they have somewhere to fallout or a lift station they are going to. "Raise my taxes I dont care, JUST FIX MY DRAINAGE!" Is my mindset right now. Just wanna sleep like a baby when it rains. Is that too much to ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you seeing this being done?

I work all over town too and haven't seen this.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, what did that pump cost? I can't make up my mind rather I need one of those or just cut down the front yard 4 inches and add a slope to the end of the house. I'm on the side of a hill and it seems like every good rain I'm out there digging to keep it out of the house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I still need to do the gutters and blow off roof.

Do your downspouts drain into underground plumbing or on top of the ground? Cant really tell from the pics.

If they are draining on top of the ground, might add a 4' or 6' to help get the water further from the house and into the yard.

Just a thought that's helped me in the past keep water from building up in flowerbeds after heavy rains.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
              Where are you seeing this being done?

I work all over town too and haven't seen this.

One neighborhood off the top of my head is off brittmoore near hammerly.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonF View Post
                Do your downspouts drain into underground plumbing or on top of the ground? Cant really tell from the pics.

If they are draining on top of the ground, might add a 4' or 6' to help get the water further from the house and into the yard.

Just a thought that's helped me in the past keep water from building up in flowerbeds after heavy rains.

Most all downspouts run in plumbing underground. Except that one. That one drains to a catch basin that goes to the sump pump

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                  If you don't mind me asking, what did that pump cost? I can't make up my mind rather I need one of those or just cut down the front yard 4 inches and add a slope to the end of the house. I'm on the side of a hill and it seems like every good rain I'm out there digging to keep it out of the house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Basin was $26
                  Pump was $299
                  Pipe and fittings was another $50

I traded the labor for electrical work

Comment

That's sucks. All it would take is being flooded one time and I would move to higher ground

Comment

One neighborhood off the top of my head is off brittmoore near hammerly.

Gotcha.

Lets hope you don't even have to turn it on.

Comment

good luck Flash, looks like your gonna put up a good fight.

Comment

Ok I've got everything on my list done except for getting a second pump. I plan on renting one Friday but that might not be possible. Fingers crossed

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              sand b a g is filtered??? Dang! Next thing you know people will be offended by statues and names on buildings..

Yep... mods are all up in the wussification movement. Don't want no name calling up in here!!

Well would you just look at thaaat!!

Comment

san****, san****ging, san****ged. Just want to see it

Comment

Working...
                                X