Ammo Box Radio build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
    Do yall not have electricity in Aggieland? Why wouldn't you buy a regular portable radio and plug it in and be done? I get that it has a cool factor but to say you need at a pool party where I assume electricity is available as the pool needs a pump to work properly, doesn't make sense. Maybe this is me coming to the realization that at 38 years old I am officially old and out of touch. Which if that is the case, in this instance I am old with an extra $600 in my pocket.
    Yea sure there are electrical plugs just open at the side of pools because last time i checked that would be a great way to be sued when someone gets shocked. smart

Look from know on if you want help building one ill help if you want pointers ask if you want me to make you one i will if you want mine its $500 because its used. But if your going to say its dumb or why move to another thread i don't have time to explain to you.

Comment

Would a smaller/cheaper battery used with a solar panel work? Marine speakers. Big cooler......and then an inner tube....

....and this is he story of how TBH continues to wreak havoc on my savings...

Comment

Originally posted by itsgood1308 View Post
        Would a smaller/cheaper battery used with a solar panel work? Marine speakers. Big cooler......and then an inner tube....

....and this is he story of how TBH continues to wreak havoc on my savings...
        Heck ya wont even need the panel mine will almost go a week i didn't know it would last that long if i did i would have got one battery, you can literately do anything you want i have seen them in the big yeti before with like 3 sets of 6x9s and a 12inch sub 4opotima red tops they just get big and heavy i made mine with the idea of it is small. My dad has one with a full head unit in a colmen extreme with 6x9s its about $700.

Comment

Longshaft, this is awesome. I'm with you on this. I would love to have something like this but can't afford to buy yours unfortunately and I don't have the know-how to build my own. Maybe in a couple of years. Would be great for those days sittin on the creek at the ranch.

Comment

But i'll give you $300 bucks for it today. haha

Comment

Originally posted by chief longshaft View Post
              Yea sure there are electrical plugs just open at the side of pools because last time i checked that would be a great way to be sued when someone gets shocked. smart.
              Plugs should be GFCI protected and second don't set it right beside the pool. I will now leave you alone as I am too old to understand. I think they are cool just think there is a much cheaper and just as safe route to go.

Comment

Cool idea but not at $600+. They are too easy to build. I did this one for less than $150 and the neighbors will hate you and it will play longer than I can stay upright

Last edited by Jaybo31; 04-01-2014, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Any battery pics or info?

Comment

Originally posted by chief longshaft View Post
                    Ya that will totally leak battery acid when turned upside down and fit great inside an ammo box great idea.

Well they do make other sealed gel cell 12v batteries that are smaller than a car battery .
                    Also my dewalt work radio runs 8 hours on a full charge no problem and is the same size.

Comment

Lots of DIY stuff found online for ammo can speakers. My son just got one from ammo blaster that sounds pretty dang good.

Comment

You do realize you can get the best Bose bluetooth speaker that plays for 14 hours for $300. That's a lot of extra money for beer..

Cool build.

Comment

Here is the one I built...I use it to put in the basket of the golf cart when I play. That is why the speakers are on top. Just turn it on its end using the handle as a stand otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by ty729 View Post
                            Any battery pics or info?
                            X2

Even just the number on the battery would help. I'm really surprised 24 amp hours will run the radio that long.

Comment

Do you not have an overheating problem?

We had something similar when I was in college and we would plug it in by the pool. It ran off batteries but was easier to plug in so the v-ball courts could hear it and the pool.

Keep on Keepin on !

Comment

Originally posted by KHoes203 View Post
                                Well they do make other sealed gel cell 12v batteries that are smaller than a car battery .
                                Also my dewalt work radio runs 8 hours on a full charge no problem and is the same size.
                                Dewalt is twice as big and half as loud friend has one.

Comment

Working...
                                X