Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
    any recently purchased houseplants?
    Yes, new house plants or new plant soil.

Comment

Put a tablespoon or so of orange oil in all the drains in the house at night or when it won't be used for a while. If they are sewer gnats, it'll take care of it pretty quick.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Stupid house plants.

Comment

If they are in the drain for sure, get some of this stuff and let it sit in the drain for a bit. Do it a couple of times and they will be gone.

Invade Bio Drain Gel- 1 qt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005G4STX0..._.jSEBb4YNGQWX

Comment

We fought these hard before Harvey. The apple cider vinegar trap works well, saran wrap and a toothpick and go to town. It's nasty but it'll get them.

I'm betting there is some fruit in the kitchen that has been forgotten and they are feeding on it. Check that for sure. Get a good enzyme based foaming drain cleaner and use it for a couple of days and that should take care of the problem.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and no new house plants

Comment

I call them fruit flies. Usually get them once a year in the spring leaving the doors open. Take an empty jar and poke holes in the lid with an ice pick. Fill with a half inch of white vinegar. They go in and can't get out.

Comment

Working...
                X