Democrats, DACA and Gov’t shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
    SO how much money do we save for every day it is shutdown?

Edit:.... After a quick google it cost more for them to close down than stay open. Only our gov't could pull this off.
    Yes, because they like to pay people for not showing up to work!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
      True. I was furloughed from 12/16/95 to 1/6/96 while working for the Forest Service. It was a great vacation during hunting season. Went back to work and was paid back pay. What a waste.

As a federal employee and taxpayer, it was aggravating.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
        I understand your point and frustration. But keep in mind the flip-side... I showed up to work today. So did hundreds of thousands of other military members, federal LEOs, and first responders who understand their duty while they are technically working for free and the fact they'd be counted as AWOL if they didn't show up, even though they'll miss a paycheck (mortgage, car payment, medical bills, etc.) if this thing goes past Thursday.

Comment

The dems pathetic attempt to punish their own to prove a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            The dems pathetic attempt to punish their own to prove a point.

http://www.eonline.com/news/465515/t...a-lot-congress

I can’t figure out if that is serious or satire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's see, I don't work, I don't get paid.

What's good for the goose ain't necessarily true for the gander.

Comment

What about my LoneStar card

Comment

Most government employees are probably excited to have some PTO with all the hard work they do.

Comment

Listening to Chuck Schumer makes me start tasting bile...gonna have to throw a party when that jack wagon leaves office.

I really do not understand the voting public...how this dreamer deal which doesn't even have a deadline for a couple months is being used today for politics against Trump should have all voters fuming & be a backlash on the dems if there was any sort of common sense?? Just the simple fact the dreamers are a priority to them beyond the military / BP & other issues the shutdown touches doesn't pass the smell test that all should see is petty politics. They would have had a better argument if they would tackle & threaten the shutdown when the dreamer deadline was actually at hand??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        Listening to Chuck Schumer makes me start tasting bile...gonna have to throw a party when that jack wagon leaves office.

I really do not understand the voting public...how this dreamer deal which doesn't even have a deadline for a couple months is being used today for politics against Trump should have all voters fuming & be a backlash on the dems if there was any sort of common sense?? Just the simple fact the dreamers are a priority to them beyond the military / BP & other issues the shutdown touches doesn't pass the smell test that all should see is petty politics. They would have had a better argument if they would tackle & threaten the shutdown when the dreamer deadline was actually at hand??
                        There's an obscure game going on in the background, played by the longtime politicians (McConnell and Schumer). McConnell wants to run right up to the deadline on DACA so the republicans can force concessions on other things from the democrats if they want to keep DACA. Schumer knows this, so he's making a gambit, which is to shut down the government so he can try to force the republicans to keep DACA without giving up much. The reason Schumer's play is a gambit, is because he's hoping the public blames the Republicans which strengthens his position. However, if democrats catch the blame, then he's in an even worse position than before.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

This might help you understand.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            This might help you understand.

If there has been anyone person in American History that deserved to be taken out, that Nazi loving piece of **** Soros should be near the top

Comment

Ill.say this
                              If your daca person and over the age of 15 you better be showing some inicative. Have at least the first couple applications filled out for your green card. If you have sat around and done nothing to start the process to become a citizen then I have no sympathy for ya........bye

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                Ill.say this
                                If your daca person and over the age of 15 you better be showing some inicative. Have at least the first couple applications filled out for your green card. If you have sat around and done nothing to start the process to become a citizen then I have no sympathy for ya........bye
                                Or any felony, DUI, or serious misdemeanor conviction. AMF!

Comment

Working...
                                X