No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huntin Hard.. Come on up our way.... the further north the better if that is an option for you... take NO CHANCES..

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
      How in the heck did they stick the pig ?
      Looks like the whole complex will be shut down by tomorrow. My unit is already down . And just got word that we will be released this evening .
      Calhoun , Jackson co is mandatory evacuation

Oh don't get me started!
      Right now all we can do is focus on fixn the problem. About middle next week, there's gonna be some come to Jesus meetings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This was posted on the Texags thread about the storm....

Was forwarded this text message:
        This is from my manager who received it from a family friend:

"...His dad is Steve Radack, who is the Harris County Commissioner for Precinct 3. He said that Army Corps. of Engineers and every flood control district within Houston had an emergency board meeting this morning. Mr. Radack was briefed on their findings and has relayed the following information to my friend, who just told me the following:
        Harvey is supposed to be much worse than expected, and worse than Allison. At this moment, they are projecting 10,000 homes under water and approximately 100,000 flooded homes around the Houston area. Colorado County is projected to get 50+ inches of rain, with surrounding counties taking on over 30+ inches. The storm is expected to hit the "heart of Houston" and everything South of Katy is expected to be devastated, including Galveston. The storm is projected to last for 5 days, moving very slowly, and most of Houston is expected to go 3 days without electricity. Put differently, according to the findings of this emergency meeting, the storm is supposed to be "catastrophic." There remains a possibility that it becomes a hurricane by the time it makes landfall.
        The projections that are out on the local stations right now are allegedly 1/3 of the reality of the situation in an effort to curb widespread panic. He also told me that FEMA and the National Guard are already in NOLA in case there is a repeat of 2005, or something similar.
        Harvey is supposed to arrive in Houston sometime late afternoon/evening on Friday. If this information looks to remain accurate over the next 36 hours, you might want to consider making arrangements to work from home on Friday.
        I will let you know if I am made aware of any other relevant inside information. Be safe."

Comment

I think you will be fine in waco

Comment

Got the helicopters ready at work, about to head home get my truck and go get some san****s, probably pointless cause my house will flood anyway but still gonna try. Then have to get the wife and dogs lined out in case I have to report to work for emergency duty.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
              Dumb question, my wife wants to stay I want to get the hell out of here (Victoria) found rooms in Waco. Is waco better than Victoria or will it be just as bad??

Tell her you'll take her The Silos for her to browse the shops of Joanna Gaines and buy her a cupcake from the bakery.

It might cost you to let her shop there, but it will be a hell of a lot safer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                I personally like the Euro more than the GFS during tropical weather threats. I would not rule out it's current model run or something similar.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                10-4 . Thanks

Comment

I'll add to offeres on parking space. Have lots of room off hiway 36 in Cameron to park

Comment

Why is sand bags in the swear filter?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

"...His dad is Steve Radack, who is the Harris County Commissioner for Precinct 3. He said that Army Corps. of Engineers and every flood control district within Houston had an emergency board meeting this morning. Mr. Radack was briefed on their findings and has relayed the following information to my friend, who just told me the following:
                      Harvey is supposed to be much worse than expected, and worse than Allison. At this moment, they are projecting 10,000 homes under water and approximately 100,000 flooded homes around the Houston area. Colorado County is projected to get 50+ inches of rain, with surrounding counties taking on over 30+ inches. The storm is expected to hit the "heart of Houston" and everything South of Katy is expected to be devastated, including Galveston. The storm is projected to last for 5 days, moving very slowly, and most of Houston is expected to go 3 days without electricity. Put differently, according to the findings of this emergency meeting, the storm is supposed to be "catastrophic." There remains a possibility that it becomes a hurricane by the time it makes landfall.
                      The projections that are out on the local stations right now are allegedly 1/3 of the reality of the situation in an effort to curb widespread panic. He also told me that FEMA and the National Guard are already in NOLA in case there is a repeat of 2005, or something similar.
                      Harvey is supposed to arrive in Houston sometime late afternoon/evening on Friday. If this information looks to remain accurate over the next 36 hours, you might want to consider making arrangements to work from home on Friday.
                      I will let you know if I am made aware of any other relevant inside information. Be safe."
                      My neighbor is a fireman in Katy. He has been to several area meetings, and this doesn't jive with what he's been told. I seriously doubt that the fire depts. are being kept in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                        My neighbor is a fireman in Katy. He has been to several area meetings, and this doesn't jive with what he's been told. I seriously doubt that the fire depts. are being kept in the dark.
                        Oh, I'm sure it came from some doom and gloomist, but hey figured it can't hurt to pass it along

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          the letter d followed with bag. you know, like something you would call most cowboys fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            Sand bag is not. the D followed by BAG is filtered.

Comment

I saw this a little while ago, hope there's no truth to it.

Comment

The projections that are out on the local stations right now are allegedly 1/3 of the reality of the situation in an effort to curb widespread panic."
                                Since when has the news not hyped the hell out of a weather event?

Comment

Working...
                                X