How not to dispose your dead horse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How not to dispose your dead horse.

Weekday mornings I go on a run from the Benbrook YMCA before work - part bike trail, part park road. This morning I was about 2 miles in and it was just starting to get light and came upon a dead horse in the road. There was a long rope tied from its hind legs to a tree - I guess they did that to drag it out of their truck when they drove off. I’m very used to seeing dead critters but this really bothered me. One of the responsibilities of owning an animal is disposing of it in a respectful manner when it dies.

Whiskey tango foxtrot?

That is ridiculous and hope they are found.

J

Comment

Wow

Comment

Horrible

Comment

That's pretty dang low. I couldn't imagine doing that to one of my horses.

Makes me think though, either it was put down inside the trailer or whatever, or they had the equipment to load it. If the later, why couldn't they use that equipment to dig a hole. I'm lucky enough to have a small backhoe, but I've still used a front end loader to dig a ramped hole to bury a cow. I mean come on...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
          Last edited by AJMag; 09-24-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
            That's pretty dang low. I couldn't imagine doing that to one of my horses.

Makes me think though, either it was put down inside the trailer or whatever, or they had the equipment to load it. If the later, why couldn't they use that equipment to dig a hole. I'm lucky enough to have a small backhoe, but I've still used a front end loader to dig a ramped hole to bury a cow. I mean come on...

Some of the people that own horses shouldn’t own them lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, terrible

Comment

Unreal what some people will do. I was an emotional mess when I had to put my last one down. Loved him way too much to ever imagine doing something so rotten. They give you their all - and deserve to be taken care of right even after they’re gone ...

Comment

A guy down the road from a lease I was on several years ago shot one of his donkeys and drug it down the road and dumped it on our lease. Sheriff was called and the guy denied it being his donkey. People suck sometimes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Riley had a horse react to a shot vet gave. Called vet and he had someone come pick him up. Like mentioned above some people have no business owning any animal much less horses

Comment

Back in PA two years in a row I came across a dead horse on State game lands. The both still had the bridle which seemed weird. The first year I just ignored it, the second year it seemed fresh so gave it a once over and saw what looked like a gun shot wound to the head. I called the PGC the and about two weeks later the officer called. He told me he found the farmer and he admitted he was riding his old horses out and shooting them on the game lands when it was time. He got some kind of fine but I don't remember what for. Guess he didn't want to dig a hole at his farm.

Comment

That is just bad on every level. I have had to bury several animals in my time including horses. It is never fun but sometimes you got to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                          Some of the people that own horses shouldn’t own them lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Or kids, cause they likely bred

Comment

As a guy that tries to at least break even during the year going to 10-15 calf roping a year as well as get some practice in on a couple of calf horses I care dearly about, my opinion of someone who does this to a horse may be a little harsher than most so I'll refrain from posting my opinion due to legal infractions...

Comment

You may want to go a different route the next couple weeks. Jk but that is pretty low

Comment

Working...
                              X