No announcement yet.

Story about a man who fell in love with Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you come back and I know you will we can get some serious bowfishing in!

Comment

Good read. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great photos with very nice composition. Thanks

Comment

Yip awesome story, I am subscribed. Keep'em coming, Daniel!!!

Comment

Daniel,

Some great stories and beautiful pictures. You are a very gifted young man! Thanks for sharing and hope to read more.

Comment

good morning Texas ...

Good morning Texas …..

let`s continue ….

…. it did not take long until he found out that I love shooting traditional bows and arrows.

So he had to show me his " Hunting Bow " the next day.
              We went into his workshop - and he showed me an old bear compound bow covered with cobwebs and dust.
              Must have been hanging there for years.

He asked if I could show him some of my bows and arrows.
              Back then I was making flat bows out of osage, black locust, ash ….. making my own arrows tipped with homemade points ….

He was hooked …
              and also wanted to learn how to make his own bow and arrows.

I introduced him to the "Shaving Horse" and to the world of traditional bow shooting.
              The first couple of bows we made together were kids bows.
              His son Fabian (he`s the one with that striped T - Shirt in that video) was excited all over about his first bow made by his dad.

In that video below you can see some happy kids and maybe future bowhunters.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB0AZ2DsroE&list=UU_ZZ2UpNql4_6zp44YWP7PA& index=1&feature=plcp"]Memories of a wonderful day - YouTube[/ame]

My camera was mucking and doing crazy things.
              The whole movie was nothing but jerky pictures ...
              That was the best thing I could do with it.
              The kids thought it was better than the original anyway - so here we go ….

there is a whole lot more to come ....

Thank you all.

Happy Trails

Daniel

Comment

Man this is great! I keep refreshing this thread about every hour or 2 waiting on the next chapter! Great stuff bud!

Comment

Those kids are great Daniel. Are all kids in Austria Blonde?

Comment

This could be a PBS special, or one of the outdoor channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Yononindo View Post
                      Hello Texas,

I just made it back home from Texas a couple of days ago - or should I say :

My body is home .... but my soul is still roaming round that beautiful rugged brush country ...

I bet you folks know what I am trying to say here ... sometimes it seems to be very difficult to express feelings with words !!!

Happy Trails

Daniel

Glad to see you back on the green screen Daniel.

Love the pics; you can tell you have respect for the game you hunt in your pictures….

From wearing shorts in South Texas (YIKES!),to playing a banjo in the Austrian outback; to standing on a chair in the middle of a pond shooting carp.( How did you get out there without getting wet? I hope that gator wasn’t in the same pond!) Great photos D!

Quote:My body is home .... but my soul is still roaming round that beautiful rugged brush country ...

There is no other place like the South Texas Brush Country.

It has a certain attraction like no other place in Texas; A place so rough and unforgiving, yet so full of an abundance of life.

Looks like you have found a home away from home in the Lone Star State, and have been accepted as one of our own. Being Texan is a state of mind Daniel, and a guy of your demeanor certainly fits the bill. Welcome...

Hope to see you back soon!

Tuco
                      Last edited by TUCO; 12-17-2011, 09:24 AM.

Comment

keep it coming friend

Comment

Daniel, I know what you mean. I have been here for a year and my famliy loves it here. My whole family was born and raised in the pan-handle of florida. This place is like no other me and the family are very proud to say we are now texans. I will die here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogman View Post
                            Daniel, I know what you mean. I have been here for a year and my famliy loves it here. My whole family was born and raised in the pan-handle of florida. This place is like no other me and the family are very proud to say we are now texans. I will die here.
                            Well said, especially for one who has been here a relatively short time. I know exactly what you mean.

I've only been in Texas for 50 years now. My family moved (and stayed) here when I was 10. We were a military family that had lived all over the world for my first ten years.

I wouldn't think of living anywhere else. Unfortunately my bride (a fourth generation Texan...her family has been here since 1860) says I'm still not a Texan since I wasn't born here. I sure consider myself one though.

Comment

cool stuff!!!

Comment

Keep 'em coming Daniel!!!!!! It's been a great ride so far.

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X