No announcement yet.

Miller Lincoln or ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miller wire. I have a 212 and it's a great rig.
    Lincoln for stick welding

Comment

Everlast

kronik by Diamond

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
        Lincoln 210. Theres nothing you cant do with it. Stick, mig and tig. I have made a living using Lincoln Welders. Kind of like Chevy and Ford. Whatever your flavor is. I've used both but have always gone back to my Lincoln gear. My Lincolns are pretty pricey Miller always look cheaply built to me. Miller made in China. Lincoln made in USA. I think miller invented wire welding process but not quite sure. USA all the way for me
        Have you really looked at where your machine was built?

Comment

I've had a miller 252 for several years now. It's the Cadillac of squirt guns.....

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            whats the difference in 210 and 211 Miller?

A lot. 210 is a 220v only machine with a much greater duty cycle. 211 is 120/220v with a much smaller duty cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
              Lincoln 210. Theres nothing you cant do with it. Stick, mig and tig. I have made a living using Lincoln Welders. Kind of like Chevy and Ford. Whatever your flavor is. I've used both but have always gone back to my Lincoln gear. My Lincolns are pretty pricey Miller always look cheaply built to me. Miller made in China. Lincoln made in USA. I think miller invented wire welding process but not quite sure. USA all the way for me
              Miller welders are not made in China.

Comment

Miller 211

Comment

Miller Lincoln or ???

I’ve had a Miller 210 for 16 years. Still going strong. Dad has a Hobart 220v machine and I like it a lot as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hobart 210 mvp, you can get a good price online through Blain's Farm and Fleet.

Comment

Let me know when you get it!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Looking at buying a wire welder for multiple projects around the house

Suggestion, opinions or experience?
                        After several weeks of shopping & comparing major brands and looking at reviews, common complaints/failures, and features I finally bought an ESAB Rebel 215ic a couple of weeks ago to replace my cheap northern tool flux core welder. I was really on the fence between it and the Miller 211 but chose the ESAB. Regardless of brand, it's night an day difference what a quality mig will do.
                        Last edited by JonBoy; 05-23-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Brian, best thing to do is evaluate your needs. Like what kind of projects do you intend to build? What material thicknesses? How often do you plan to use the welder? What type of electrical supply source do you have for the welder? Are you better off with gassless flux-core, hard wire, or shielded flux-core? Those are just a couple of important questions. I'd also suggest you look at Duty Cycle when exploring various models. Get the most you can. That can affect how quickly you get the work done. I've spent most of my adult life welding with mig and tig. And have used a lot of various machines and models. The thing about the big 3 (or 4 if you include ESAB) is the resale value should you ever decided to upgrade or sell all your equipment, Miller and Lincoln being at the top of "the demand list". I've run some old machines that probably few on here have ever heard of. And have long since been out of business. But that dosen't' mean they made bad equipment. Cause I know how some of that stuff ran .

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                            like my esab rebel
                            Great multi-process machine.

Comment

Working...
                            X