Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFL Dealer When Selling Firearms Might be a a Good Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFL Dealer When Selling Firearms Might be a a Good Idea?

I see a lot of firearms for sale In the classified section. Their may be a slightly cavalier attitude by sellers on our forum who think they have no responsibility what happens after a sale. While it’s absolutely legal to sell without background checks between private citizens, is it smart to do so? Check out this story:

Investigators search home that may be linked to sale of gun to Texas shooter, sources say https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/04/us/we...ter/index.html

Knowing my firearm was used in a killing spree would be bad enough but having the Feds crawling up my ***, searching my house and inconveniencing my life would not be a fun time either. Not to mention there may be a way you may be considered a gun dealer because of the sale and thus be in violation of federal law... and liable. #liferuined

If any of you guys ever buy a gun from me, you can pick it up at a local FFL dealer.

Great - Put me in line to never buy a gun from you.

This is a stupid idea...And has been hashed out 100 times on TBH this week.

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post
      I see a lot of firearms for sale In the classified section. Their may be a slightly cavalier attitude by sellers on our forum who think they have no responsibility what happens after a sale. While it’s absolutely legal to sell without background checks between private citizens, is it smart to do so? Check out this story:

Investigators search home that may be linked to sale of gun to Texas shooter, sources say https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/04/us/we...ter/index.html

Knowing my firearm was used in a killing spree would be bad enough but having the Feds crawling up my ***, searching my house and inconveniencing my life would not be a fun time either. Not to mention there may be a way you may be considered a gun dealer because of the sale and thus be in violation of federal law... and liable. #liferuined

If any of you guys ever buy a gun from me, you can pick it up at a local FFL dealer.
      Yea and spoons made you fat, you castrated yourself to stop your neighbor from having kids, and you want a drunk driving lane on your highway...........

The 2nd says our right will not be infringed...pretty much any of these laws that require us to jump through hoops is an infringement. For the record the last firearm I bought was around 1986......

-john

Comment

Personally disagree, but to each his own. 'Merica!

Comment

Would you feel responsible if you traded in your car, guy buys it, gets drunk and kills somebody?

Comment

I am an FFL no THANKS !!

Comment

Why is the news saying that the guy ILLEGALLY bought AR parts online, built the gun and sold it to the shooter?
              Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Running a gun through an FFL does not absolve you from liability. They are just acting as the transfer agent... You still sold them the gun. If the govt wants to stick it to you then they will try no matter what.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Epic fail OP...but with all due respect you gotta do you. Another knee-jerk reaction IMO.

Comment

What a Fudd.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Would you feel responsible if you traded in your car, guy buys it, gets drunk and kills somebody?
                      Perfect analogy!

Comment

Conduct business how you want but I wouldn’t buy from you. I also won’t buy from anyone who wants me to sign my name or wants my info or pic of my ID.

Comment

I had a buddy upset with me the other day because I resold a gun that he had bought new. He wanted to know if I could have the guy register it in his name. I explained to him that's now how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Great - Put me in line to never buy a gun from you.

This is a stupid idea...And has been hashed out 100 times on TBH this week.
                            And so has high fence hunting, but alas ... here we are!

Comment

Beeto approves of this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X