TPWD Devils RIVER exotic hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well finally drew a TPWD hunt. 1-17-2020 ---1-20-2020 Devils River. Any body else get drawn. Any suggestions. Help with info.

Get in shape

Comment

Call and book the cabin. PM me if you have any specific questions...we did the hunt a few years back and killed 5 rams with 4 guys.

Chris

Comment

Yep get in shape, good optics, cover a lot of ground, call the wma right now and reserve the rooms onsite, make sure your proficient past 250 and make sure you have a good bi pod or tripod for shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by macdad View Post
          Well finally drew a TPWD hunt. 1-17-2020 ---1-20-2020 Devils River. Any body else get drawn. Any suggestions. Help with info.
          Bring everything you think you might need. It's a hour and half back to town. Good binos/spotting scope. Good boots for climbing rocks. Lot's of ammo!!! And reserve a spot in the cabin. Think there is 4 or 5 rooms with twin beds. I did ok in compartment 3. Another guy was flinging arrows everyday in compartment 7, I think, or maybe 8. Could've been both. It was only 5 of us that showed up when I went. Pretty much had the whole place to ourselves.

Comment

I drew for the 24th thru 27th hunt, does anyone know if there is a kitchen in the bunkhouse or a grill outside to prepare food?

Comment

Originally posted by Italianxbowuser View Post
              I drew for the 24th thru 27th hunt, does anyone know if there is a kitchen in the bunkhouse or a grill outside to prepare food?
              When I went, there was a outside grill and another house next door to the bunkhouse that had a full kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                When I went, there was a outside grill and another house next door to the bunkhouse that had a full kitchen.
                Perfect. Thank you

Comment

Get in shape, practice shooting long distances, buy good boots, bring two full-sized spare tires, wear brush pants, and don’t leave perfectly good meat laying out for the coyotes. Aoudad eats great if you know how to cook. I did it in 2018, hunt of a lifetime...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did the youth hunt with my son a few years ago. I didn't find it that difficult of a hunt. A walking stick was a must for me. Some of those rocks are dang slippery in the mornings. I'm sure you could make it more difficult if you wanted to but we had high success within a mile of the road. Saw some monster whitetail.

We found all of our aoudad bedded on the north faces of slopes out sunning. Sometimes we could see them from the roads.

We followed low drainages until we could see the north faces of the hills. Few minutes of glassing and found some on every hill. He killed two but could have killed many many more.
                    He used a 600 mohawk in 243 and dropped each of them in their tracks.

We stayed in a cabin with some fellow tbh'ers. Book the cabin as soon as you accept your hunt.

Last edited by Randy; 08-21-2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I'll be there the same hunt. Booked my spot at the bunkhouse this morning.

Comment

Booked my spot this morning also in the bunk house Bed #1. only thing in question was the lady said the 16 wasn't open .

Comment

Yeah I'll just wake up early on the 17th and head that way. About a 4.5 hr drive for me.

Comment

Fuel up your truck at every chance on the way in because the nearest gas station is almost to Del Rio.

Comment

Nice looking animals. Hopefully one of my kids will get drawn for this hunt one day.

And that whitetail buck is HUGE. I didn't realize there were bucks like that out there. Only ever read about the exotic hunts there.

Comment

Working...
                              X