Deputy Omar Diaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deputy Omar Diaz

Early this morning I was on a call looking for my suspect when a fellow Deputy, Deputy Omar Diaz was sent to a nearby call at the same time. I was going to clear my call and head that way but I decided to stick around and see if my suspect would pop up. After a few minutes went by I decided to call it quits and head over to the other call and help out until I realized there were plenty of units there already. It was time to head home so I took off to drop off my car. I knew the victim for the second call had already been taken to a local hospital when I heard another unit on that scene advise Life Flight had just landed. It struck me as odd but I figured maybe something else had occurred and I missed it while I was on my call.
    I woke up to a borage of texts and missed calls this afternoon. It was then that I found out Life Flight was for Diaz. He had a fatal medical emergency while on that scene.

Aside from my immediate reaction of “my friend just died” I thought about his face when I was on a call with him earlier. He was translating Spanish for me. I thought about how young he is. How he wasn’t fat, he wasn’t sloppy and how I had JUST talked to him.

Please pray for his wife and daughter. I’m 37, a wife, a mother of two and I’m in no way prepared to die today. I literally cannot imagine what they are going through.

We are all sending some immediate cash to his wife. If you would like to donate please pm me. I don’t know any other way to help her. I will head into the district tonight and we are giving her an envelope of money to help with immediate expenses. There is no way she could see this coming. It’s crushing, humbling and makes us all reflect on how quick the Lord can call you home and you’ll leave everything behind. So unexpectedly.

Diaz. Brother. Thank you for all you helped me with and for putting life in perspective. We’ve got it from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tough! Sorry!!

Comment

Heard about it earlier! I didn't know him but understand the pain! My heart aches for his family, you, and the rest of the folks he worked with! Very very sad!!!

Sending a pm

Comment

So sorry for the loss....

Comment

RIP Deputy Omar Diaz. Prayers up for the family, coworkers and friends.

Comment

Prayer sent for officer Diaz and family.

Comment

Rip!

Comment

Prayers sent!

Comment

That's so sad. Praying for his family.

Comment

Saw it on odmp. Lord be with our brother's family.

Comment

sorry to hear this, prayers for him and his family.

Comment

Dang.

Sorry for the loss of your partner.

RIP

Comment

Sorry for your loss....

Comment

RIP, and thank you for protecting us, Deputy Diaz...

Comment

God bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X