Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASF Timed Protein Feeder Not Working?

Originally posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
    He's talking about the protein feeder, but mixing the soybeans and corn with the protein. I think a 3 second throw 2xs a day until they clean it up.

Oh hell. I misread the title and have been posting in this thread . I thought this was the corn feeder thread on a quick glance at the title because it’s been popping up a lot. These hospitals drugs don’t have me very sharp.[emoji23]. Disregard my previous post Yotethumper.
    Last edited by Smart; 07-06-2020, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Only a positive note for the feeder they are killing mine right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
        Man, to be honest it sounds like maybe the way you were doing it before worked better for you.
        I've got a few of those and other than a timer on one, they've been trouble free, I haven't changed anything else in 3 years of solid run on them so far. It also really sounds like you were trying to feed way to much to start with, I would've waited until I saw consistent activity before I moved the feed amount up to that level.

You think 10lbs a day is too much? Maybe. I figured it was barely any at all. While I was out there I backed the feed down to 5lbs a day. It barely spat out any feed in the four trays at 5lbs. I figured the coons and hogs would eat 10lbs a day no problem. I planned on bumping it to 20lbs a day once the deer started eating from it. 10lbs in the AM and 10lbs in the evening. The deer would eat 25-30lbs a day from a gravity feeder no problem. Going to give it a couple weeks and if nothing takes I’ll move the feed in there into a gravity feeder with the hammer system and I’ll sell the timed protein feeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Only a positive note for the feeder they are killing mine right now.

Yeah I don’t get it, everyone has good luck with them. I was going to order 3 of these but figured I’d try one out first. Happy I didn’t order 3 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
            Cleared a jam and mixed corn and soybeans with 20% antlermax. If this doesn’t work I’m going to sell it, been nothing but a pain in the rear so far. It’d work great if the deer would eat from it but nothing so far.

If you decide to sell. Please let me know. I’d be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
              If you decide to sell. Please let me know. I’d be interested.

Will do, would need to pickup in Columbus area. I’ll message you if I sell it.

Comment

Will do, would need to pickup in Columbus area. I’ll message you if I sell it.

That won’t be a problem. Let me know.

Comment

It took forever but they’re finally eating from it after I mixed in protein, corn, and soybeans.

Comment

This was a timely thread , I am picking up one tomorrow glad it is working out now !

Comment

It took forever but they’re finally eating from it after I mixed in protein, corn, and soybeans.

There you go! Great news!

Comment

[QUOTE=Smart;14960203]Only a positive note for the feeder they are killing mine right now.

Smart is yours propped up on a couple 4x4s? Standard height looks a little low to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post
                          Smart is yours propped up on a couple 4x4s? Standard height looks a little low to the ground.

Yes on both of mine....I thought the same. I like the extra bit of height as a personal preference. They don't have to crane their neck as much and it still is easy to fill.. But I have friends that don't and they eat just fine. I also have a friend that used a landscaping timber cut in half on each of his three and saved some money to get almost the same height.
                          Last edited by Smart; 07-28-2020, 06:27 PM.

Comment

dbl

Comment

Working...
                            X