Colorado letoff law?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado letoff law?

So I know Colorado and a few other states have laws that state a bow cannot have more than 80%letoff. How do they enforce this law? I mean letoff isn’t marked on many bows. Do they take time to put it on a scale and calculate percent?

Kinda like Texas where you cam only kill 2 Javalinas...

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
      So I know Colorado and a few other states have laws that state a bow cannot have more than 80%letoff. How do they enforce this law? I mean letoff isn’t marked on many bows. Do they take time to put it on a scale and calculate percent?
      Probably one of those laws where they aren’t going to bust you for it in the field for the reasons you mention, but if you do get caught, or suspected of wrong doing and they come search your camp/home/truck and find your bow and it’s in violation, it’s either A) going to be the one infraction they CAN get to stick if there isn’t enough evidence to prove poaching or whatever you are accused of, or B) just one more fineable infraction they can tack onto what could potentially already be a pricey situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Kinda like Texas where you cam only kill 2 Javalinas...
        Oh, that one is easy to enforce. You see, everyone that kills their 2 javelinas then cleans them and takes them home to eat. Nobody can eat more than 2 javelinas per season, so that is how they make sure that people follow the proper limit laws.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Oh, that one is easy to enforce. You see, everyone that kills their 2 javelinas then cleans them and takes them home to eat. Nobody can eat more than 2 javelinas per season, so that is how they make sure that people follow the proper limit laws.

Who could eat one of those nasty rats is what I want to know?

But most all the new bows have the percentage printed on the mods , if the warden checks you I’m sure he will look at your bow .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They can probably go to the website of the bow manufacturer and find the specifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
              Who could eat one of those nasty rats is what I want to know?

But most all the new bows have the percentage printed on the mods , if the warden checks you I’m sure he will look at your bow .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yes they look at your bow and if they see the 85-90% marked you get a ticket. I know they were asking what kind of bow we shot, and they for sure targeted Mathews as they new they were stamped. The brands that weren’t they didn’t bother with. And man I wish we could get get more then to javelina down there, we make sausage out of them and I have people at work that are willing to pay me for some, but I just don’t get enough meat off them. There are about 6 to 8 of us that go down, a couple guys don’t want the meat so we take any they don’t want but man I wish we could shoot more, and bring the meat back. You guys got secrets how to do it. Or are you just talking “ shooting” more then two ?

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                Yes they look at your bow and if they see the 85-90% marked you get a ticket. I know they were asking what kind of bow we shot, and they for sure targeted Mathews as they new they were stamped. The brands that weren’t they didn’t bother with. And man I wish we could get get more then to javelina down there, we make sausage out of them and I have people at work that are willing to pay me for some, but I just don’t get enough meat off them. There are about 6 to 8 of us that go down, a couple guys don’t want the meat so we take any they don’t want but man I wish we could shoot more, and bring the meat back. You guys got secrets how to do it. Or are you just talking “ shooting” more then two ?
                That's funny .
                I have friends that drive down from CO every year, to get a load of hogs.
                Gut em, pile em all in the back of a pickup, and fill the bed with ice, and drive back.
                They are about as redneck as it comes, but good people.

Comment

They just look up the bows - At least the one guy I saw did. No big deal. Just follow the rules.

Comment

What if the bow is capable 90% and you have it set up at 80% ?

Comment

Originally posted by Invisible Man View Post
                      What if the bow is capable 90% and you have it set up at 80% ?
                      Then you will be fine

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not to mention, even if you're mods are 80-90% from the factory you could have lowered letoff by putting in/taking out twists on string/cables or a number of other tuning tweaks... It'd be super hard to prove without putting it on a scale

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Colorado game wardens definitely know the laws in detail and even what make and model bows go past %80 let off. Lol! They definitely serious up there!

Comment

Working...
                          X