How long a hunter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long a hunter?

How long have you guys been hunters? What about bowhunters?

I am 28, been hunting for 24 years. Bowhunting for about 6. Just curious as to how many old farts and young guns we have on here

I believe that no matter the experience level, we (as hunters) will never stop learning new things about what we do. It's part of the addiction.

Bow hunting 18 or 19 years . Rifle hunted 15 or 16 years before I started bow hunting

Comment

Good idea. 26 years old here and been rifle hunting as long as I remember. Just recently got into the bow game (~6 months) and i'm psyched to get my first kill (hopefully) during my Labor Day trip to the ranch in a few weeks.

Comment

I'm 33...

Been hunting 28 years (since I was 5) mostly rifle. Been bow hunting around 8 years.

Comment

I'm 31

Been hunting since I was 4. Bowhunting for 17 yrs this season

Comment

I started @ 11 y/o w/ dad and granddad.. shotgun, and rifle, 31 w/ a bow

Comment

I'm 33

Been hunting 25 years

Bow hunting 4 years

Comment

My whole life, so 29 years + 9 months.. I hunted for that egg when I was just a wee little lad..

Comment

im 34 been hunting since I was about 6 and got the bow itch about 5 yrs ago-only pigs, coons and squirrels so far-hope that changes this season

Comment

I started hunting game 6 years ago, I'm 33. I grew up in the outdoors ranching, rodeo and fishing. Dad wasn't a hunter so we never went. As a child though I always had snakes, toads, bug, you name it, in a bucket somewhere. My FIL got me into game hunting and I have been hooked ever since.

Comment

I'm 32, only been 7 years for me, 5 w/a bow. Last year was the first time we were on a lease. Growing up in Hawaii it was all about fishing and diving and surfing. Hunting wasn't as accessible back then as it is today out there (on Oahu at least). Hoping to get my first buck and first deer with my bow this year

Does spearfishing count as hunting? If so then I change mine to 21 years, on land only for 7
                      Last edited by hooligan; 08-10-2017, 02:38 PM.

Comment

26 years old here

Started going to the lease with my dad since I was 5

Been hunting for about 15 years, got bored with rifle hunting and thats when I picked up a bow 8 years ago.

Comment

Shot doves at 11. Shot my first deer with a bear recurve in Cloudcroft NM at 13. Been hunt ever since. 51 years.

Comment

Shot my first deer in 2006 with a bow. Actually, my first deer ever. Became an addict instantly.

Comment

Now I feel old. I'm 62 and don't remember when I didn't hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X