Work boots??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work boots??

Anybody has any work boots that aren't the common brands that hold up good.

I really like square toe boots but there not offered in many true work boots and I prefer a stiffer top like standard cowboy Boots.

Reason I'm asking is I've had just about every brand boot I can think of and the all last 4-6 months before they go to crap.

Best luck I've had where wolverines but I got tired of the tops collapsing because they are so soft. Thought about red wings but they look about the same.

I've had Double H, Justin, Ariats, tony lamas, Rockys, cavenders brand, twisted X, propably others but can't remember and they've all lasted about 6 months before the leather tears, soles fall of etc.

I really liked the double Hs as they where a work boot/ cowboy style but they separated at the cross stitching in the middle of the boot on both boots.

Redwing and done!!!! Most have a year warranty... Go direct to redwing store if you have one nearby

Comment

Redwings for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mace View Post
        Redwing and done!!!! Most have a year warranty... Go direct to redwing store if you have one nearby
        I think this will be by next option. They just don't have any that look somewhat like a cowboy boot/work boot.

I think there is still a store in Tyler

Comment

I had the same problem. Boots wouldn't last but 6-7 months, and I got 1 boot allowance per year so it was gettin on my nerves. I picked up a pair of redwing square toes and they're still in fairly good shape after 14 months now.

Comment

Red wings have a 6 month full replace guarantee and a year guarantee for everything besides normal wear and tear. They even prorate the cost of your next pair of boots if you bring your old ones in.
            They are pricey but after my 1st pair I won't buy anything else. 6 months in any other boots and they are ready for the dumpster.

Comment

Hmmm my Double H have lasted over 4yrs on the rig.

If not Double H then Redwing is the only other Ill use for work

Comment

Work boots??

I've never had boots last more than 7-8 months. Even Red Wings. But I do a bunch of walking. If I get 6 months out of boots I'm happy. I'm wearing Twisted X boots currently. They're about 6 months old, I'll be getting new ones in the next month or two.

Comment

Georgia Mud Dogs are the most comfortable and durable boots I've worn. I've tried on all the other pairs mentioned and didn't find them comfortable. The Georgia mud dogs aren't the style you are going for. In fact, they are ugly has hell, but if you're using them for work boots then style really shouldn't be that big of a factor

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    I've never had boots last more than 7-8 months. Even Red Wings. But I do a bunch of walking. If I get 6 months out of boots I'm happy. I'm wearing Twisted X boots currently. They're about 6 months old, I'll be getting new ones in the next month or two.

What's wrong with them?

Maybe I'm lucky but I get holes in my insoles long before any problems on the outside.

Comment

I'm on my second pair of Red Wing Pecos since high school but I don't work very hard. Wanna get this pair resoled. They're like slippers more than boots. Bought em at a red wing store and stomped around in the bathtub for half an hour in 4" of water and wore em dry when I got em. Best boots ive ever owned.

Comment

I've had some double h that I liked but like the op said started to come apart at the seam in the middle. I think I learned from it just keep it simple as possible. More seams equals more places to come apart.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          What's wrong with them?

Maybe I'm lucky but I get holes in my insoles long before any problems on the outside.
                          Boots generally wear from the inside out

Comment

For more than 125 years, Weinbrenner Shoe Company has been a leading US manufacturer of footwear for uniform, work, safety & outdoor.

Have not looked back last 10 years. I have had 2 pairs resoled. I like them so much.
                            Made in America.

Comment

I typically wear lace up at work. I work 12 hour shifts and am on concrete all day. I've tried a number of brands and have been stuck on Timberland Titan Pro for about 12 years. They are the lightest most comfortable ones I've worn.

Comment

Working...
                              X