Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    Maybe 2 hours! 3 if I'm seeing stuff!

I don't think I could sit in a stand from daylight to dark for $1000 unless I had a cooler of cold ones!
    Same here. I’m usually out by 9 in the mornings, I’ve killed a bunch of stuff from camp. So I often wonder to myself if the animals are moving at camp

Comment

It's so hot down here during the rut(early October) that I'm not going to sit all day regardless of the movement and yes our bucks are moving all day. Heck, I got a better chance of killing one from my couch anyway. Ok maybe not my couch but definitely my back door. Normally during the rut, I will hunt till about 9:30am, go home eat and take a quick nap and then go back out around 2pm till dark.

Comment

I'll sit 4 hours max. Mornings, that typically means get down around 9:30-10:00. Afternoons, I'll get in around 3:30 and sit till dark. I'll hunt mid-day if - 1) nice buck on camera in that time; 2) weather is cloudy, chilly and somewhat rainy. I've seen a lot of mid-day movement on those overcast, rainy, cold type of days.

If there were more deer movement during the day on our place, I'd consider more mid-day or even full day sits. We also hunt think river bottom, so it's not like there's a nice landscape that you can scope out from the stand and it can get a bit dull with no movement.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
          I'll sit 4 hours max. Mornings, that typically means get down around 9:30-10:00. Afternoons, I'll get in around 3:30 and sit till dark. I'll hunt mid-day if - 1) nice buck on camera in that time; 2) weather is cloudy, chilly and somewhat rainy. I've seen a lot of mid-day movement on those overcast, rainy, cold type of days.

If there were more deer movement during the day on our place, I'd consider more mid-day or even full day sits. We also hunt think river bottom, so it's not like there's a nice landscape that you can scope out from the stand and it can get a bit dull with no movement.
          This is pretry much me. Yeah, every year I get a couple of pics of a nice buck in the middle of the day. But, it's not often enough or with any consistency. So, it's not enough for me to sit all day.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            I am not as dedicated as I used to be I guess. I start to get real antsy after 3 hours especially if nothing is moving. There seems to come a point in every season where our deer quit showing up at daylight. (they got us patterned, probably) At that point I will often not do a morning sit at all, just go out from 11:00 - 2:00 or so. , then back out from 4:00 till dark
            I hadn't thought of trying a pattern like this if the conditions are right. Might give this a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
              There are some hardcore dudes on here. An all day, early season sit in Texas is about 14 hours.
              On those 90 degree - early October weekends, it's hot enough to bake cookies in our ground blinds. I don't think an all day sit would even be survivable.
              I've done it twice this year and it's not bad if your in a shady spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                I've done it twice this year and it's not bad if your in a shady spot.
                Take a 36 oz spray bottle full of water so you can spray yourself down and it's even more comfortable

Comment

If it’s at my lease that I can get to fairly easy I will usually do 4hrs in the morning and then 3 in the evening. When I go to my NW Oklahoma lease in mid Nov I will sit all day. I can see a long ways and have seen deer at all times of day. It gets really hard for me to sit very long when I am in a pop up and can only see the view directly in front of me and about 50 yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends where I am hunting. In the hill country I am bored af by 8:30 but in south Texas I like to sit till 11

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                      I'll usually sit until 10:15-11ish in the AM and 3.5-4.5 hours in the afternoon until dark. I'll do 1 or 2 all day sits when the weather is just right and this year I plan on packing doing more spot and stalk style hunting and spending the whole day in the field.
                      This saves me from typing.

Comment

3 or 4 hours each sit. My stand is not that comfortable

Comment

I try to let my game cams determine how long I sit.

Comment

3 to 4 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the evening. If deer are moving the longer.

Comment

Depends on the time of year for me and if the wife or grandkids are in the blind with me. Regardless in early season when it’s hot, I’m in there just long enough for the deer to eat and wander off. In the evenings I get there 15 minutes before the feeder goes off and sit until dark.

If it’s cold and I’m by myself, I’ll sit most of the day. The animals seem to be moving around more in the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Until my butt is sore or the corn is gone or I wake up from a very peaceful nap! Very, very few pics of deer at feeders after the corn is gone, even during the rut in out area.

Comment

Working...
                                X