Bait Corn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bait Corn?

First I have heard of this 'Bait Corn' this year. Varity of flavors persimmon, vanilla, peanut butter, green apple, red apple etc. I threw a bag of the persimmon next to feeder to see what kind of feed back on camera I would get by the time I head up to hunt of the 18th. Anybody use it and what kind of feed back did you get from it? TIA

Watching

Comment

I've been using persimmon, peanut butter, and apple for several years. Persimmon is my go to, but peanut butter seems to be working better for me so far this year. I think they're finding plenty of real persimmons on my place and the peanut butter is something different. Will switch back to persimmon once they are all gone. I really don't see much difference between the apple and plain corn here.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I used it last year a lot for my hand corn. Used the green apple. Deer ate it right up! (Just like they did the regular corn). Not sure if it helped, but it was what was locally available and it seemed to work.

Comment

I’m actually kind of disappointed that our local store stopped selling it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
            I used it last year a lot for my hand corn. Used the green apple. Deer ate it right up! (Just like they did the regular corn). Not sure if it helped, but it was what was locally available and it seemed to work.

Yeah the people I've heard that use this only use it for their hand corn as well. They had acorns all over them but when they started to throw this baited corn out in their lanes it seemed to pull them off of the acorns right off the bat.

Comment

Where are you buying it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Flavored corn has been around a long time. Especially apple flavored. I think I've tried them all over the years. IMO they all work about as good as plain corn, but sometimes cost a little more.

Comment

The corn that works best for me is the cheapest variety.

Comment

My deer prefer corn flavored corn.

Comment

If you want to use vanilla corn just buy a regular bag and a $1.00 imitation vanilla at the dollar store and mix.( hand corn only)

Comment

I think it may help a little with hand corn because you get the extra scent in the air and that may help attract them a little better.
                        I like it in the feeders for the same reason it throws out a little dust cloud that drifts on the Wind it may get one's attention passing by or something.

Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk

Comment

Trophy Buck Corn
                          With 3 different speciality blends, you will attract deer from up to 6 states away (*clinical trials underway).
                          Increase you native herds health, size, and girth by creating new travel patterns from your better whitetail growing neighbors simply by emptying a sack (*tonage calculated on sqr footage and credit application) of Trophy Buck Corn in to a broadcast feeder, pour it on the ground, or simply drive around with it in the back of your truck or trunk of your prius.

Each sack has operating instructions and farmers almanac pages for forecasting wind to assist in targeting the particular size deer you want to attract to your property/yard.

If mixed with equal parts pea gravel and vanilla (*not legal in california, new york, hawaii, or austin.) You can expect alberta size deer to be under your feeder in 3-4 days.(*clinical trials underway)

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            Trophy Buck Corn
                            With 3 different speciality blends, you will attract deer from up to 6 states away (*clinical trials underway).
                            Increase you native herds health, size, and girth by creating new travel patterns from your better whitetail growing neighbors simply by emptying a sack (*tonage calculated on sqr footage and credit application) of Trophy Buck Corn in to a broadcast feeder, pour it on the ground, or simply drive around with it in the back of your truck or trunk of your prius.

Each sack has operating instructions and farmers almanac pages for forecasting wind to assist in targeting the particular size deer you want to attract to your property/yard.

If mixed with equal parts pea gravel and vanilla (*not legal in california, new york, hawaii, or austin.) You can expect alberta size deer to be under your feeder in 3-4 days.(*clinical trials underway)
                            Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Flavored corn has been around a long time. Especially apple flavored. I think I've tried them all over the years. IMO they all work about as good as plain corn, but sometimes cost a little more.

Yup the earliest I remember using it was the early 90s..

I prefer corn flavored corn. I don't want any extra scent in the air to cover up the corn smell unless my deer are used to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X