Corona-vacation? Paid/Unpaid Leave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corona-vacation? Paid/Unpaid Leave?

I see a whole lot of folks fishing everyday on Toledo and Rayburn right now. I am also seeing a lot of home improvement, landscaping and fences being built or rebuilt.

How many are off from work and still getting paid, just out enjoying the time off? It sure seems like a lot to me, at least in my area.

I just see a lot of spending going on and we are now pushed back until April 30th on the Social Distancing.

I am thankful that I am able to work from home(salesman) and I have been busy, like super busy from daylight dark with my real work. I have a several projects I would like to complete but no free time. I guess I am just jealous of the free time I would like to have to get some things done.

I definitely understand where you're coming from. I'm slightly jealous too. But my gratitude for my professional life being virtually unaffected (so far) far outweighs my desire to goof off. There's a lot of people out there that aren't as lucky as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      I see a whole lot of folks fishing everyday on Toledo and Rayburn right now. I am also seeing a lot of home improvement, landscaping and fences being built or rebuilt.

How many are off from work and still getting paid, just out enjoying the time off? It sure seems like a lot to me, at least in my area.

I just see a lot of spending going on and we are now pushed back until April 30th on the Social Distancing.

I am thankful that I am able to work from home(salesman) and I have been busy, like super busy from daylight dark with my real work. I have a several projects I would like to complete but no free time. I guess I am just jealous of the free time I would like to have to get some things done.
      Same here. I see folks out and about, working on home projects and binging this series or that on Netflix. I can’t get all I need to get done let alone have time for a lazy quarantine lifestyle

Comment

Not effecting me so far. As a Real Estate Appraiser I am considered to be in the essential services area. So far by intake of appraisals hasn't stopped so I am good. Nobody is supposed to be in Home Depot, Lowes etc except contractors that are included in the essential services group, plumbers, electricians, hospital maintenance, etc. I went in Thursday of last week to get a battery for garage door opener remote. There all kinds of just regular folks buying gardening supplies, paint supplies, fencing etc. So much for shelter in place.

Comment

i'm alternating weeks with a colleague but still check in a few times a day. spent last week at the lake and on the water stocking up on catfish fillets! i'll head back up thursday for the next week as well. may as well make the best of it.

Comment

Business as usual here. Worked all 7 days last week. Wouldn't mind some time off with our turkey season opening Wednesday..... Wife did good job of reminding me that it's a good thing, especially right now, to have a job that I have to get up each morning and go to.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
              Not effecting me so far. As a Real Estate Appraiser I am considered to be in the essential services area. So far by intake of appraisals hasn't stopped so I am good. Nobody is supposed to be in Home Depot, Lowes etc except contractors that are included in the essential services group, plumbers, electricians, hospital maintenance, etc. I went in Thursday of last week to get a battery for garage door opener remote. There all kinds of just regular folks buying gardening supplies, paint supplies, fencing etc. So much for shelter in place.
              Not to point out the obvious.......

Comment

We are working 14 days on 14 days off.. I'm paid for my normally scheduled days the 2 weeks I'm off and paid overtime for the days outside of my schedule while im working the 14 days.. we were on a turnaround for the past 115 days and rolled into the second week of my 2 weeks on tonight..
                I play to join the crowd next week on the water..

Comment

I'd be happy for a little extra down time, but I'm more thankful that I have a job and steady paycheck coming in. Trying to work (rotating in office and working from home), keep up with the "home school" of two young children, and manage staff from a distance has been more than exhausting! Work is flexible in that I can adjust my hours to care for my kids and do school work with them, but I still have deadlines and employees messaging like it's a normal day, they just can't come sit in my office to go over projects. I would rather shift to full remote work, but that isn't as easy for other departments in the company so I still have to be in office 2-3 days a week.

Comment

Still working for now, they said in a meeting this morning that there maybe some schedule changes. I get paid either way and I do need to build a fence and put back together my hotrod.

Comment

I have still been working, but did go fishing this weekend. Work is very slow, about a week left and then will be completely out unless something pops up. I did have the same thought as you a week or so ago. Then remembered we do work for the oil business. Gunna have plenty of off time soon enough...unpaid of course...

Comment

Its coming, I work for a municipality and starting tomorrow we'll be alternating days off and only one person per truck. We have plenty to do here at work and itll be hard only having half the crew everyday. Up side is we'll still get paid our 40 hours.

Comment

I feel you completely my schedule hasn't changed but good majority of people I know are off and enjoying it, lakes are packed and the fish are biting so kinda jealous.

Comment

Lakes in the Centex area are slammed.. Granger never has many boats and the ramp yesterday was a zoo. Had to walk as parking lot was full

Comment

Lt Gov. of Louisiana is on Fox News and says Toledo Bend looked like 4th of July this past weekend. Shut down the ramps on his side.

Comment

Working...
                              X