Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2020, 09:15 AM   #101
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
Yall do realize there is/will be test that show antibodies that will tell you 100% if you have ever had Coronavirus. So feel free to get tested when the time is right and report back. Never knew this site was filled with so many conspiracy theorists. Maybe yall have had it maybe you didn't. In time you will be able to find out.
I get that we will eventually have a test. I wish my family could take it now so the one that have had it could get back to a more normal life.

I don't understand whAt part of that is conspiracy theory.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2020, 09:46 AM   #102
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillhunter View Post
Thatís only useful if a number of the population had titers run from January, February, March, and so on to see when the exposure occurred.
If I had my titer run today but I was exposed in January and not March, that could not be differentiated.
6 months or a year from now if 80% of the population had a positive titer indicating exposure, it will be spun as ďsee how well our isolation measures worked. We saved the world for sure doom.Ē

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
I get that we will eventually have a test. I wish my family could take it now so the one that have had it could get back to a more normal life.

I don't understand whAt part of that is conspiracy theory.
This. IMO it would stop people from being so scared. I'm hoping people figure this out very soon. At least Italy came out and admitted pretty much everyone in their Country has either had it or came in contact with it already..In other words not spreading.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2020, 09:49 AM   #103
KactusKiller
Pope & Young
 
KactusKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Midlothian, TX
Hunt In: Irion co, Navarro Co
Default

Same here, I had a major repritory infection in the fall(sept-December) never tested postive for anything, took several courses of different antibiotics, xrays showed possible pnemonia eventually(only thing they could figure). I had a bad cough for 3-4 months with flu symtoms just no actual flu. It finally ran its course. It was def something they had no test or medicine for.
KactusKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2020, 10:52 AM   #104
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Very true.



This. IMO it would stop people from being so scared. I'm hoping people figure this out very soon. At least Italy came out and admitted pretty much everyone in their Country has either had it or came in contact with it already..In other words not spreading.
Yes. Italy said their worst failure was not recognizing that covid 19 was spreading rampant in December. If it was rampant in Italy it was the same deal here.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2020, 01:43 PM   #105
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Got this off twitter. No real proof. But it wouldn't surprise me for one second if over 15 million Americans either already had or have COVID by this point.

"OOne #Belgian hospital is performing a CT scan on EVERY patient, even those that come without #covid19 complaints.

So far 10% of those undergoing a CT scan are positive for #coronavirus and show NO SYMPTOMS. "
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2020, 07:00 PM   #106
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young
 
iamntxhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KactusKiller View Post
Same here, I had a major repritory infection in the fall(sept-December) never tested postive for anything, took several courses of different antibiotics, xrays showed possible pnemonia eventually(only thing they could figure). I had a bad cough for 3-4 months with flu symtoms just no actual flu. It finally ran its course. It was def something they had no test or medicine for.
Exactly the same for me after I flew back from Ohio.
iamntxhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2020, 07:06 PM   #107
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Got this off twitter. No real proof. But it wouldn't surprise me for one second if over 15 million Americans either already had or have COVID by this point.

"OOne #Belgian hospital is performing a CT scan on EVERY patient, even those that come without #covid19 complaints.

So far 10% of those undergoing a CT scan are positive for #coronavirus and show NO SYMPTOMS. "
Iíd be inclined to believe itís plausible.
The first case was in nov. before they closed all travel out of Wuhan itís been said 5 million people traveled out of that area and many of them traveled internationally. Very hard to believe it took until min Jan to get here
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2020, 07:19 PM   #108
AlaskaFlyerFan
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Don't have a place yet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Got this off twitter. No real proof. But it wouldn't surprise me for one second if over 15 million Americans either already had or have COVID by this point.

"OOne #Belgian hospital is performing a CT scan on EVERY patient, even those that come without #covid19 complaints.

So far 10% of those undergoing a CT scan are positive for #coronavirus and show NO SYMPTOMS. "
Your first paragraph could very well be true but the twitter part is BS. Why would someone go to a hospital to get tested if they aren't showing any symptoms? A CT scan is not going to show a virus. It will show pneumonia or damage to lungs or other body parts. And I highly doubt a CT would show something going on (like pneumonia) if the patient does not have symptoms.
AlaskaFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2020, 07:56 PM   #109
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Oxford Model: Coronavirus May Have Already Infected Half of U.K. Population

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...lf-of-u-k.html
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2020, 08:21 PM   #110
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
Your first paragraph could very well be true but the twitter part is BS. Why would someone go to a hospital to get tested if they aren't showing any symptoms? A CT scan is not going to show a virus. It will show pneumonia or damage to lungs or other body parts. And I highly doubt a CT would show something going on (like pneumonia) if the patient does not have symptoms.
It says all patients. Google CT scan coronavirus and lots comes up. I'm not going to research it right now. Could be BS I don't know.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2020, 09:19 PM   #111
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

So any evidence that we had COVID here in the States back in December yet?

It's bound to start coming out soon...
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2020, 10:01 PM   #112
MBV77
Ten Point
 
MBV77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Whitesboro, TX.
Hunt In: Clay County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
So any evidence that we had COVID here in the States back in December yet?

It's bound to start coming out soon...

Yes. Already know of one person that had the antibody test the week before last when they came out. She was sick right before Christmas and because of a health issue in her immediate family her doctor wanted her to have the test. The antibodies were present. Iím sure this thing goes all of the way back to November. Itís been around way before everyone lost their minds. Once the antibody testing becomes more prevalent weíll see that millions have had it and the death rate will probably be under .5%.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBV77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2020, 10:06 PM   #113
Shane
Pope & Young
 
Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Abilene, TX
Hunt In: Mismatched camo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBV77 View Post
Yes. Already know of one person that had the antibody test the week before last when they came out. She was sick right before Christmas and because of a health issue in her immediate family her doctor wanted her to have the test. The antibodies were present. Iím sure this thing goes all of the way back to November. Itís been around way before everyone lost their minds. Once the antibody testing becomes more prevalent weíll see that millions have had it and the death rate will probably be under .5%.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
....and the curve was already "flattened" before all the panic and government shutdown began.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2020, 10:12 PM   #114
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
....and the curve was already "flattened" before all the panic and government shutdown began.
Yep...

And like many TBHers were saying the only reason confirmed positives were rising was because of the intense ramp up of testing. As soon as testing numbers leveled cases leveled.. I'd bet they dropped per test..
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2020, 10:15 PM   #115
MBV77
Ten Point
 
MBV77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Whitesboro, TX.
Hunt In: Clay County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
....and the curve was already "flattened" before all the panic and government shutdown began.

We were probably carrying on with our normal, everyday lives with Covid19 being spread amongst us for 3 or 4 months before the madness started.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBV77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2020, 10:34 PM   #116
Johnny44
Ten Point
 
Johnny44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Texas
Default

The story is way to common across the whole country, lets Pray its true.
Johnny44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2020, 08:27 AM   #117
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

People are starting to figure it out..
https://news.yahoo.com/signs-suggest...120003958.html

I still say they had to know.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2020, 08:51 AM   #118
drbonner
Ten Point
 
drbonner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Joaquin, Tx
Hunt In: Shelby County and Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Stalker View Post
I have a buddy that his whole family was in his words the sickest theyíve ever felt in their lives in November. Tests came back as not flu. I mean it could have been something else but whats worse than flu but not the flu??? He said you definitely donít want it if thatís what they had.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My daughter was laid up for 11 days right before Christmas break. Her pediatrician said no flu. That was on day 2. On day 5 sheíd been fever free and was going back to school. She woke up that morning with 103.3 temp. I carried her to local clinic and she tested positive for Flu-B. All of this came on the heels of my wifeís trip to New York. I believe itís possible she had this.
drbonner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2020, 08:54 AM   #119
drbonner
Ten Point
 
drbonner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Joaquin, Tx
Hunt In: Shelby County and Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Iíd be inclined to believe itís plausible.
The first case was in nov. before they closed all travel out of Wuhan itís been said 5 million people traveled out of that area and many of them traveled internationally. Very hard to believe it took until min Jan to get here
I read somewhere that 14,000 Americans travel to China and back every month
drbonner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2020, 09:06 AM   #120
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbonner View Post
I read somewhere that 14,000 Americans travel to China and back every month
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/u...trictions.html

Since Chinese officials disclosed the outbreak of a mysterious pneumonialike illness to international health officials on New Yearís Eve, at least 430,000 people have arrived in the United States on direct flights from China, including nearly 40,000 in the two months after President Trump imposed restrictions on such travel, according to an analysis of data collected in both countries.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2020, 11:13 AM   #121
Mike
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Orange, Texas
Default

Just now seeing this thread but I will say I think it was here in late November. We went on a Disney cruise for Thanksgiving out of Galveston and I remember telling my wife, I had the willies from all the sick people, hacking and coughing in the terminal as we were getting ready to leave to head out on the cruise. There were people from all over the US and world on that cruise.

There was a specific FB page for the cruise dates and about 1800 members. For the 2 weeks after, lot of folks missed the next week of work with being sick. It was a lot of people. At the time, many blamed the fact we were fogged out of Galveston and couldn't make port at 7am to disembark. We were all sitting in the bars and common areas with our families until 2:30pm when we finally docked. Lots of complaining about not being able to return to our rooms to wait it out but they were being cleaned and readied for the next cruise.

The Wonder had been in Vancouver and Alaska for the fall season, stopped in San Diego for a 2 week workover and then through the Panama Canal for 2 weeks.

It's an interesting timeline but I remember so many complaining of being so sick for the 2 weeks after the cruise.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2020, 02:54 PM   #122
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/04/2...ign=socialflow

Timeline reset: CDC confirms weeks-earlier California coronavirus-related deaths
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2020, 03:21 PM   #123
tex4k
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Big Lake TX.
Hunt In: Reagan, Upton, Crockett, and Uvalde counties
Default

And we can't even get a "Oops my bad!" From the medical geniuses!
tex4k is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com