X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many experts...

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
      The swine flu from 4/12/09 thru 4/10/10 caused 12,469 deaths. This was over a period of a year.

The first covid-19 death was Feb 29, as of today (3/26/2020) the death toll is 1029. This is a period of 1 month and the toll is still climbing.

How do you compare the numbers from a 1 year period to the numbers from a year period? At this point we don't know if the covid numbers are going to be more or less than the swine flu numbers.
      What I'm asking is did we hyper ventilate and close down our country and the global economy back during the swine flu pandemic like we are now? If memory serves me correctly, we did not. So why now?

Comment

I'm way more afraid of some dingbat texting while driving and I see it every time I am driving anywhere. If I am at a stop light and there are 10 cars there at least half of them are on a cell phone doing something.
        Distracted driving is dangerous, claiming 2,841 lives in 2018 alone. Among those killed: 1,730 drivers, 605 passengers, 400 pedestrians and 77 bicyclists.

I had rather take my chances with Covid-19. Seems like I have better odds.

Comment

I am also concerned about what is going on and like most, I think common sense, practical hygiene and social distancing for those most at risk is the most prudent things we can do and hopefully it won’t linger long.

But just a little perspective and perhaps off topic. I have lost all 4 grandparents to cancer (3 of them well before their time), my dad is fighting it now, and my daughter had cancer from age 18 months to 8 years old (three years now cancer free)! We diagnosed over 1.7mil new cases in 2018, over 609,000 deaths in 2018 which is over 1600 per day in the United States. Why in the world have we never declared a state of emergency against this disease. Again, sorry for the rant, just been bugging me.

Comment

Working...
          X