Had an old friend show back up...I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had an old friend show back up...I think

We just got pics of this buck today and between 3 of us that hunt this area, our first thought was Bruiser. Bruiser is a buck we've been trying to kill since 2012, he went way down hill in 2017 and 2018 but we are pretty sure we had him identified and for some reason my first thought when I saw these pics was that it was him.

He won't score what he once did but he is an absolute Donk, my buddy saw him tonight but couldn't get him in bow range, said he looked like a cow lol.

Dates are all correct. If we are right he would be 11 or 12 years old...so we may be wrong but I'm going with we are right because my kids really wanted to kill him a few years ago so it'll give them something to be excited about.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jshouse; 11-15-2019, 11:46 PM.

Not sure if it’s the same buck or not, but that buck in this years picture is ancient. I bet it’s him

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
      Not sure if it’s the same buck or not, but that buck in this years picture is ancient. I bet it’s him
      Man something about his head and neck make me think it's him

Comment

Good luck, hope one of your kids gets him

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          Man something about his head and neck make me think it's him
          The buck in ‘18, ‘17, ‘16 is the same deer(to me anyway) due to his right ear being rounded off. He is old old old

Comment

I think it absolutely IS the same old buck.. His brow coloration and shape is just one thing I'm looking at.. Very cool stuff. In 2016 his ears are starting to show some deformity out on the tips also.. Many cold winters will do this..
            Last edited by PondPopper; 11-16-2019, 12:18 AM.

Comment

I would say that’s him. That ol’ buck bound to have outsmarted many of hunters.

Comment

We had another really big deer in this area go from monster one year to the next where he had one normal side and the other side went straight up with a fork on it, just like that last pic above.

This last year has been really wet, so I can see where he would have rebounded and evened back out...and put on some weight. I want to get him on the ground just to see what he weighs.

Comment

We had another really big deer in this area go from monster one year to the next where he had one normal side and the other side went straight up with a fork on it, just like that last pic above.

This last year has been really wet, so I can see where he would have rebounded and evened back out...and put on some weight. I want to get him on the ground just to see what he weighs.

Comment

And just to clarify, the newest pics are the first ones posted... Tapatalk mixed them all up for some reason.

Comment

Awesome old buck.

Comment

Old friend

Comment

Very cool deer. I think it is the same one but that would put him the same age as Moses.

Comment

Yep that ones been around the block a few times.

Comment

That's dang sure him. 11 or 12 doesn't surprise me that much either. Take a look at the. Thread I posted tongue in cheek last year named SHOULD We Kill This Spike. Similar body. Dad killed him yesterday. I don't know his age but he was fully mature 5 years ago

Comment

Working...
                              X