Hunting alone????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting alone????

I have a two hour drive to the ranch. No cell phone service and very little traffic on the road. I have always gone with my dad but he's 84 and doesn't like the cold. I don't have a problem hunting alone but would perfer if I didnt go without him.

How may on the green screen go hunting alone?

ps my friends that do hunt seem to always be busy....

thanks
    John

I had to this season. Not fun at all

Comment

When im hunting alone i bring sancha;-)

Comment

I hunted alone quite a bit back when I was younger. 150 miles to lease and before there were cell phones. I enjoyed it.

Comment

Almost every other weekend for last two years!

Comment

I always hunt alone I love it. Gives me time to myself. Wife says I am getting to old to be in the woods alone. What dose she know.

Comment

Just be careful....

Comment

Most all my hunting is alone and has been for quite some time. It sure sucks too when your talking about hunting ducks at walk in spots and having to carry all the gear by yourself. Part of killing them i guess.

Comment

I have never let the fact that I may the only one at the lease stop me. Don't plan on it either.

It's great to have friends and/or family there to share the time and experiences with but at the end of the day I'm there to hunt. I reckon if I wanted to be that social I could stay home for free.

Comment

On my last lease I was the only bowhunter so I spent alot of October weekends there by myself. As much as I enjoy the camaraderie of a full camp, there is something special about occasionally having the whole place to yourself. Hunt any stand you want, go out and come back 100% on your own schedule, etc. The biggest downside is not having any tracking help, and no one to high five when you find it. I also make sure I pay strict attention to safety issues, especially if you have no cell service.

Comment

I have for at least 6 years now

Comment

300 miles to My Sonora lease ...200 to my Quanah Lease do one or the other Most every weekend from Oct -Jan ..Alone 60% of the time...I like it No Noise.. (But Love my kids going more)

Comment

I like to bring my bible with me. With it I'm never alone

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                            I always hunt alone I love it. Gives me time to myself. Wife says I am getting to old to be in the woods alone. What dose she know.
                            I hear the same thing from the wife. I used to go with my dad, but he's no longer around, and the boys are grown and out of the house. I have started taking a friend from our church who can't afford a lease. I don't mind going alone, but it's good to have someone to help out if trouble arises.

Comment

3.5 hour drive to public WMA....camping for 10-14 days at a time...i love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X