Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who pulls their kids out of school to hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing as school is basically a waste of time anyways, I would pull my kid out anytime I thought he could actually learn something. Hunting is one of those times, also plenty to learn in the woods that has zero to do with hunting

Comment

As a Young Buck I looked forward to football season and Deer Season during school. The random pulled out to head to the Lease was the best and memories will never be forgotten.

Comment

Do it all the time for my son.

Comment

I pulled my 1st grader out last year a week early. As long as his behavior and grades are where they're supposed to be, i'll let him miss. I talked to his teacher before and she thought it was a good idea, and even tested him early.

Comment

Yes. My son is 15. Check him out early on Fridays several times during deer season. My dad use to pull up to my school to check me out with the boat hooked up to the truck.

Comment

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                I take my boy out of school to hunt all the time. As long as his grades are good I'll keep doing it.
                ^^^

Comment

I would never take my children out of school to hunt.

I'm a fisherman. It's OK to take them out of school for that...

Comment

Mine are all grown but I sure did and pulled a grandson last year and will pull two of them this year for youth weekend

Comment

In the 60s magnolia isd closed school on Friday before deer season .

Comment

I have and will keep on doing it .

Comment

My son had at least three “sick” Fridays each Fall from age 6-18. My Daughter....maybe one per season.

Comment

Originally posted by RDT View Post
                            In the 60s magnolia isd closed school on Friday before deer season .
                            Llano use to as well and may still do it. Same with the stock show.

Comment

not for hunting, but my dad used to pull me out of school regularly during feb. and march to catch the spawn on Sam Rayburn.

Wouldn't trade those trips for anything.

One time, he said I couldn't go because he was leaving on a Wednesday and not coming back until Sunday, didn't want me to miss two days of school.

That night i packed my tackle and fishing rods and slept on the couch by the front door, when he came through in the morning i was awake and waiting for him. I refused to miss my fishing trip!

Needless to say, he talked momma into it and I went fishing.

The BEST part about that trip, was that I caught a 5lb bass on a bed and my dad took a picture.

That picture ended up in the local newspaper in liberty, tx -- i ended up getting busted by one of my teachers who ratted me out to the principal for skipping school to go fishing. No trouble came from it at then end of the day and I still remember that trip vividly now in my mid 30's

Comment

I can't decide this year if it'll be Friday of Youth Weekend, or Friday of general season...

We had a big time on youth weekend last year, but EVERYONE is there for the real opener.

Decisions, decisions...

Comment

Working...
                                X