No announcement yet.

Problem with inconsistency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was shooting GoldTip XT 5575 not cut down and these were the maxima 250 cutdown to about 27.5-28"

Comment

5575 is about a 420 spine already....

Keep in mind if they werent cut to your length you are prolly to soft thus the reason why you were inconsistent. Possibility. Only one way to find out. Would have to cut 1 and I do mean just 1 arrow cut and then shoot it through paper. Looking for bullet hole or nock high left tear through paper off open top rest. After bullet hole through paper at 3 meters and 10 or so meters if both show same or extremely close. Go to target and check for consistency.

(Still just a start but a good one. Still recommend walk back tuning)

Your bow at 65 lbs and cut arrow to 29" will shoot through that bow perfect bullet hole. Or so it should. 5575 is perfect spine for your setup. Those XT's are great arrows.

Maxima 250's are basically the same spine other than arrow weight.(also a great arrow) Also being that they were cut down means you were closer to your spine.

So if I am reading this correctly.... you shot full length shaft 5575 through your bow and they were out of spine due to length. Shorten said 5575 XT's to 28.5-29"s and let me know how it works.

250's are a 440 or 450 spine as well.
      Last edited by RNTChris; 10-29-2013, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Yea the 5575 I bought when I was shootin my old bow and just shot them out of the box never bothered to cut them down. I'm down to 2 of those gold tips so will need some new arrows. So ur saying the gold tip should be fine and shoot better as long as I cut them down to length? And at a 28" draw what is a good length to cut too??

Comment

5575 XT will be good and just need to be shortened to 29" or so if you are 28" draw. This will stiffen spine and cause your groups to tighten.

Comment

To follow up. The 5575 XT will shoot for your 28" draw length best cut at 29". Some may ask why I say 29"? Well I say that because it gets your broadhead out over or in front of your hand. Preventing you from cutting yourself on a high grip....(clearence). Also this will allow for the spine to be put closer to your setup weight and draw length.

Keep in mind this obviously will lighten your arrow so you will have to move your sight directionally up after shortening these.

Comment

Do people usually have clearence issues with broadheads? No. But when the rest is dropped below the mounting hole for rest it can become an issue. So that being said and not seeing your setup thats why it will work. Also works for spine.

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                Anchor point maybe?
                If you have a peep sight, throw it away and use a kisser just to see if that's the deal.

I've shot kisser since day 1 and when I try to shoot a peep, my arrows do just what you say. Couple in a group and then spray city.

No offense but I totally disagree with ditching a peep entirely. Kisser is a great anchor point tool but used alone is not enough. Perfect peep height along with a kisser can be used. They both must be set properly. The reason a kisser is inconsistent by itsself is because it allows you to rotate your anchor slightly without the feeling of changing anchor points.

Most people use their hand in a specific point on the (1)side of their jaw that is consistent for them (generally slightly under jawbone). Then look through peep with (2) nose center of string and then if...(3) they have a kisser that sits at corner of lips where you would drool out of if you were sleeping lol.

Comment

28" draw depending on where rest is set you could shoot 26-27" arrow. ex. im 29" draw 27" arrows.

Comment

So what's a good length to cut them typically for a 28" draw?

Comment

I'm shooting a qad hdx rest if that helps

Comment

BowTech what draw weight are you shooting.......?

And what arrows....

Comment

Rest is fine. Adjustmet for rest should be 1/8"-1/4" from riser......typically.

Comment

I will let others chime in now. They may have other ideas.
                            Last edited by RNTChris; 10-29-2013, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Draw weight is 65lbs. Arrows are GoldTip XT 5575 right now but may move to those maxima 250 if I keep shootin those better

Comment

Working...
                              X