No announcement yet.

WY Elk Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting in Wyoming is a privilege not a right , no guaranteed tags just a chance to draw one. Random tags can be drawn with 0 PP or max and almost every area has some random tags set aside. NR are fortunate to get 20% of the allotted tags , most other states are much lower allotments. Our hunting pressure is much lower than neighboring states, so quality is good. Hope you draw that tag and get a nice bull, then you'll understand.
    Not sure about your weighted draw statement, with close to max points you will draw, sheep or moose. Drew my last moose tag without max points, just did the research to find an area I could draw. If you think only the max point areas are worth drawing then that's on you. Many areas for sheep and moose can be drawn with less than max PP. Just looked at the odds report.

Canny , I think that is a proposal pushed by the Outfitters and guides association and it will not pass. They tried to do something kind of similar for western deer areas and some SC Wyoming areas this year and it didn't fly. Residents are against it pretty strongly.

Comment

I drew mine! Burned 6 points and a special. But I'm super excited and ready to start planning.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
        I did.. It has one of the worst draw systems around.. I think California is the only one worse..

Why would you have a system with a non-weighted random draw? If you started putting in for Sheep or Moose you will NEVER get any closer to winning, no matter how many points you have.. Does that make sense?? Like, ***?

If I wasn't 6 points in I would tell WY to stick it
        I would take Wyoming's system over Colorado, Utah, and Arizona anyday. It gives a chance to people that have no points.

The number one reason people either stop hunting (NSSA did a big study on this), or never learn how is because of lack of access, including access to permits. Wyoming is ahead of the curve compared to other states on getting new hunters out into the field, and giving hunters chances at big time units. In Colorado, you don't ever have a chance with 0 points to hunt Unit 1 or 2. If it was Wyoming, you have a shot in similar units.

Comment

I didn't get drawn

Comment

Drew a general with two points, had two buddies draw about 3 years early with the special draw. Good luck to everyone else who drew.

Comment

Nope missed again, at 7 points now

Comment

I really need to start entering some drawings.

Comment

Working...
                X