First bow kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First bow kill

Well, crossbow/bow kill. I have had permission to hunt a small section of brush in a pasture that is right next to corp land on Lake Lavon. I have been hunting this property for 3 seasons and today was the first time I have had an opportunity at an animal under my feeder. This buck showed up at 9:56 this morning right before I was about to pack it up. This is the first time I have seen a deer this season on stand, and this buck has only big on camera during the night. He is not a Collin County monster, but he is a mature deer and I am proud to have taken him. Unfortunately he has been fighting and broke off some tines.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20171203_1201431.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	25134023

How old do y'all think he is?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	MFDC4336.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	25134022

looks like meat in the freezer! nice kill! congrats on the first kill.

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

a monster is in the eye of the be holder!

Comment

congrats! Is a good area down in there, some really nice ones seen.

Comment

Congrats! Looks to be atleast 5 prolly older. Great decision

Comment

looks about 3.5-4.5

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks guys. The shot was a little low, but caught the bottom of the heart. There was a solid line of blood starting from under the feeder to 50 yards away where he expired a yard short of crossing onto corp land.

Comment

Cool deer. Congrats

Comment

Waydago, that's a great old buck and congrats on having the gumption to stick it it out and be patient

Comment

good job man! perseverance pays off. I know you must be proud

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          Waydago, that's a great old buck and congrats on having the gumption to stick it it out and be patient
                          Sticking it out has been frustrating. Seeing hogs and deer on the camera but not getting an opportunity at a shot while in the blind has not been encouraging. It is a blessing to be able to hunt this property, but it has not been very fruitful. There is a nice bass pond that I get to duck hunt as well, so that helps too.

Comment

Old enough... congrats on putting meat in the freezer!

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X