• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 of X-tinction. Back and biceps.
    Chin ups (3). 4 sets.
    Tubing Zeus rows (7). 10 sets.
    DB lat pull overs (5). 9 sets.
    DB bentover rows (5). 11 sets.
    Armageddon set: 75 inverted chin rows in 3 minutes. Got 39.
    DB curls (3). 13 sets.
    DB close grip rows (3). 10 sets.
    DB fielders curls (5). 4 sets.
    Tubing lip busters (5). 11 sets.
    Armageddon set: 130 tubing burnout curls in 3 minutes. Got 91.
    These workouts are taking about 2 hours, so they won't be my regular. The instructions say to use the weight you fail by 10-12 reps, but I guess I'll increase it for the rest of the week.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
      Chin ups (3). 4 sets.
      DB curls (3). 13 sets.
      These workouts are taking about 2 hours, so they won't be my regular. The instructions say to use the weight you fail by 10-12 reps, but I guess I'll increase it for the rest of the week.

I need to find the English version of that so I can see what you're doing. [emoji3][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        I need to find the English version of that so I can see what you're doing. [emoji3][emoji23][emoji23]
        Yea, I think a lot of his exercises are made up, or he calls em something different than everyone else does. This X-tinction is hardcore though.

Comment

No go yesterday with work and driving to and from Houston for the interview but that’s okay because I feel like it went fantastic so no harm done. Besides the fact I had fast food for lunch and dinner . I have eaten like dog crap the last 5 days....

Need to jump out of this little phase and get back on track.

Morning workout was a awesome Bi’s and Tri’s routine with some forearm action and 2 miles in 16 mins on the treadmill

Tomorrow is chest and reverting back to phase 1 of the program

Comment

Back and triceps today. My usual treadmill warmup followed by two warmup sets then 3 working sets today. Kept the weight heavy concentrating on the eccentric motion. 3X8-10 supersets resting only while moving to the other half of the superset.

Wide grip row/weighted dips/incline situps
            Bent over barbell row inverted grip/skull crushers
            Overhead cable extensions/v-bar pullups
            Narrow grip barbell press/ring pullups/leg raises

No gym tomorrow due to a SAR exercise in SA. I'll be back at it on Friday for legs and shoulders.

Comment

Chin ups (3). 4 sets.
              DB curls (3). 13 sets.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Yea, I think a lot of his exercises are made up, or he calls em something different than everyone else does. This X-tinction is hardcore though.

Bwahahaha!

Comment

Back, triceps and abs today. Elbow sleeves are definitely helping.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  What sleeves did you purchase and where? I'm considering elbow and knee sleeves. The old joints really hurt some days and I think the additional support would help with my squats, etc. Close grip tricep presses on a barbell really were painful this AM.

I'm finding some Rogue Fitness and Rehband in either a 5mm or 7mm for knees. Geez getting old sucks!
                  Last edited by SabreKiller; 04-04-2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                    What sleeves did you purchase and where? I'm considering elbow and knee sleeves. The old joints really hurt some days and I think the additional support would help with my squats, etc. Close grip tricep presses on a barbell really were painful this AM.
                    The US distributor of SBD Apparel, the market leader in supports, clothing and accessories for strength and fitness. Used by powerlifters, strongmen, weightlifters and other strength athletes across the world.

These per icetrauma's recommendation.

Comment

I knew I'd seen it on here somewhere before. I went back a page or two and found those posted by icetrauma. Thanks!

Comment

Glad to hear it.

http://www.sbd-usa.com/Elbow-Sleeves...kaAnoOEALw_wcB

These per icetrauma's recommendation.
                        My preference is SBD, the elbow sleeves are 5 mm and the knee sleeves are 7 mm. My daughters boyfriend bought Mark Bells Strong knee sleeves and he's going to buy the SBD's for more support. Your joints will thank you. And they are machine washable. I bought 1 size down from the recommended size.

Edit...I am finding the knee sleeves are not as tight as when I first bought them but that's because of the weight I've lost.

Comment

Long night at work and then had a meeting this morning. Just woke up and headed into the gym for chest and back. Little extra dose of C4 preworkout to wake me up.
                          Last edited by Chew; 04-04-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I am pretty out of shape. I have started "running using the couch25k app. Shin splints are tearing me up though.

Comment

Originally posted by Micahbo View Post
                              I am pretty out of shape. I have started "running using the couch25k app. Shin splints are tearing me up though.
                              Stick with it brother. Maybe try to find a softer surface. Proper shoes are the key.

Comment

Micahbo- running is not good on the body. Bouncing with all pressure on one leg at a time- You may try walking at a fast pace. A mile is a mile whether you walk or run. Still have to move a certain amount of mass a certain distance. Calories burned are the same

Comment

Working...
                                X