Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience or feedback with wto switchlug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience or feedback with wto switchlug?

Does anyone have any experience or feedback from the west Texas ordnance switchlug for rem 700 actions?

I know Clayton and Jonathan very well. Good friends of mine. I've been around the switchlug since it was thought of a couple years ago at least. Very consistent system. Easy to use. And they do all the machining to a T. Highly recommended by me. And I have had them build several rifles for me. All of which were 1/4 moa guns. ALL.

Comment

Buddy had one built in .308 and 7 SAW. He loves it and it is super easy to swap and extremely consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just wish it worked with a Borden action

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          I know Clayton and Jonathan very well. Good friends of mine. I've been around the switchlug since it was thought of a couple years ago at least. Very consistent system. Easy to use. And they do all the machining to a T. Highly recommended by me. And I have had them build several rifles for me. All of which were 1/4 moa guns. ALL.
          Are the rifles they built for you using the switchlug? If you approve then I'm good with it too. I'll give them a call tomorrow. It's something I've been on the fence about for a good while. Sounds real good and looks really good too. So I wanted some input from a reliable source that has experience with it.
          Thank-you guys

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
            Are the rifles they built for you using the switchlug? If you approve then I'm good with it too. I'll give them a call tomorrow. It's something I've been on the fence about for a good while. Sounds real good and looks really good too. So I wanted some input from a reliable source that has experience with it.
            Thank-you guys
            No. I have a defiance and a stiller and have had a few Remington builds from them. I have seen a ton of their guns in action. You will be pleased. If you have any questions you can message me. I pay what you pay. No kick backs. Nothing

Comment

Do you have any rifles that use the SwitchLug? I was trying to get my gunsmith interested in trying one but he's still apprehensive and I don't think the Defiance action i have is really suited for it. After I complete this build I'm thinking about having WTO build me a SwitchLug rifle; but I'd like to know a guy or two with one and, hopefully, shoot one.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                I just wish it worked with a Borden action

It doesn't? I figured it would. Even though you'd have to swap bolts instead of just the bolt head like you could with their own action or a Bigfoot action.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                  Do you have any rifles that use the SwitchLug? I was trying to get my gunsmith interested in trying one but he's still apprehensive and I don't think the Defiance action i have is really suited for it. After I complete this build I'm thinking about having WTO build me a SwitchLug rifle; but I'd like to know a guy or two with one and, hopefully, shoot one.

Not yet. My 7 was done before they wanted them released. Defiance has an integral lug. But if I recall, they will retrofit it. I'm pretty sure they'll do a Borden too Bobby. Call em.

Comment

Maybe I can get one to Austin to Demo. Would anyone be interested?

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                      It doesn't? I figured it would. Even though you'd have to swap bolts instead of just the bolt head like you could with their own action or a Bigfoot action.

Not yet. My 7 was done before they wanted them released. Defiance has an integral lug. But if I recall, they will retrofit it. I'm pretty sure they'll do a Borden too Bobby. Call em.
                      He said the pin spacing was different but he would look when I sent my action

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        He said the pin spacing was different but he would look when I sent my action
                        Alpine and timberline yes. Defiance yes. Some machine work is needed to double pin which is the best to do they said. Let me know who would be interested in seeing one to purchase. I can get a demo set up. But it's not going to be worth the time just so some folks go oooohhhhhh coooool and don't buy. I hope that's understandable. If anyone is in the ackerly area, a local demo at their shop is easy. It's a good system that is put my name on and I'm not tied to them in any way at all. Just a long time customer and friend.

Comment

Alpine and timberline yes. Defiance yes. Some machine work is needed to double pin which is the best to do they said. Let me know who would be interested in seeing one to purchase. I can get a demo set up. But it's not going to be worth the time just so some folks go oooohhhhhh coooool and don't buy. I hope that's understandable. If anyone is in the ackerly area, a local demo at their shop is easy. It's a good system that is put my name on and I'm not tied to them in any way at all. Just a long time customer and friend.
                          Yea mine is an Alpine Ti

Comment

Im thoroughly excited. I'm on a list for it we'll see in about 4 months I have a rem700 and a stiller predator the rem is getting the switchlug.

Comment

Heck yeah. You'll be pleased.

Comment

Working...
                              X