Ran Into “That Guy”...Defending Bowhunters from the Hunting Expert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ran Into “That Guy”...Defending Bowhunters from the Hunting Expert

I had to make a trip to Discount Tire yesterday. (Bad valve stem). While waiting in the lobby, I am feeling an odd stare from an older fella near the coffee machine. I wanted coffee, so I shuffled over there(hoping for silence) and immediately got a “you kill anything yet?” Dangit! I forgot i had a Tbh hoodie on. Well, I gave some random short answer and tried to retreat. Well, he was having none of it...

This guy knew every gun store, gun caliber, gun wood, gun gun gun gun in Tarrant county, the surrounding counties and all the counties in Texas. In the three seconds I got to get a word in between the name dropping and the phone pics, I mentioned bowhunting and that I was about to take a trip to a beautiful high fence ranch down south. He immediately changes gears ranting how he despises high fences. He did, however, give me permission to “do as I please” and hunt a high fence ranch but he doesn’t like high fences.

Next item for his disgust was the fact I mentioned bowhunting. Well, he doesn’t like bowhunters because he has a friend who “shouldn’t even own a bow” and is a “terrible hunter with zero ethics” because he shoots deer and wounds them constantly.

It was at this point I’d had enough. I decided to end this conversation and said, “for every single bowhunter who shouldn’t own a bow, there are 50 rifle hunters who shouldn’t own a rifle or call themselves a hunter.”

I doubt what I said sank in but at least I said it. Lol!!!

I wonder what his name is on here lol

Comment

I bet he hunts in East Texas.

Comment

well, at least you got permission...the ole passive aggressive drive by comments by 'superior' sportsman are infuriating. luckily these guys are few & far between.

Comment

He was prolly getting his Firestone tires rotated on his 2WD Chevy!

Good job Jeffrey!

Comment

I only accept opinions when I ask for them.

Comment

Haha that's funny. I think we all have all met that same dude, or we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

Good job Jeffrey!
                Hey now! I have a 2WD Chevy!

Comment

Ha, I think we've all met that guy for sure. He sure does get around.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                    I wonder what his name is on here lol
                    Exactly what I thought!! He’s got to be a member on here.

Comment

When i run into someone like that i always point out that to be a good bowhunter it takes hours & hours of practice with my bow before i am confident in my skills to go bowhunting. Whereas, some rifle hunter can go to Walmart, buy a rifle, get a scope put on it, bore sight it and go hunting that afternoon without ever firing a shot practicing.

99% or rifle hunters do not do this, but it is pissible.

Comment

Originally posted by fishndude View Post
                        hey now! I have a 2wd chevy!
                        [ATTACH]933684[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

Good job Jeffrey!
                          No that's the dude with the RAM 2500 diesel that drives around with the mirrors extended.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

you know what they say about opinions and aholes. unfortunately, some people continually decide to show theirs to the world.

Comment

Hey Jeffrey, I was just expressing my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X