Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a lot of good deals in the classifieds

Originally posted by firexd View Post
    ok im a newbi sort of i wanna get back into bow hunting i use to bow hunt/target shoot when i was a kid, now im interested in getting back into it.

so im looking at mid range bows, looking to spend around 600 for everything i have been looking at all brands of bows, mostly eyeing the Bear strike or Bear charge also the Diamond Rock and the Quest hammer mostly because there in my price range. But im open to any brand i need all the info i can get, i will mostly be hunting hogg.

Take a look. You should be able to get new for $600 or you can get a great deal on E-Bay too. I've bought 3 bows on E-bay and all were in good shape for under $300.00

Comment

I personally would recommend a cheaper bow to start with and when you start going to the archery shops you will learn more about the kind of bow you want to upgarde to but you will still be shooting now.

Comment

Getcha a Bear bow and you'll never look back!

Comment

I have a complete Hoyt vectrix in your price range, Everything you need, i have to get rid of it due to relocation

Comment

I got a Bowmadness XS on one of the 2009 closeout deals from Archery Talk. Got it for $160 under the msrp. The draw length and weight is completely adjustable with an allen wrench and after some great debate and critique from the forum I've got the bow setup and fit very well and shooting great.

I totally understand supporting the local guy and now I did find a shop that will get all of my future business but if you read enough and are very open to suggestions you really can get your bow setup very inexpensively.

I've got about $500 in my bow with arrows, release and case and I don't think it'd be possible to beat that deal on it.

Comment

i bought a 2009 Bowtech Sniper package, comes with everything cept release and arrows, i like i it alot, only thing i upgraded was the site, and it cost $429$

Comment

I am kinda like you and just getting back into bow hunting and i shoot the Bear charge you mentioned in your first post. The rth package is like $399 and is fast, quiet, and really easy to shoot. I have killed a few hogs with it and have more in my near future. good luck, and i would highly recommend a bear.

Comment

Originally posted by tbobhill View Post
                  I am kinda like you and just getting back into bow hunting and i shoot the Bear charge you mentioned in your first post. The rth package is like $399 and is fast, quiet, and really easy to shoot. I have killed a few hogs with it and have more in my near future. good luck, and i would highly recommend a bear.

yes im likeing Bear alot also Quest G5 bows too, hard to pick o well im headeding to Austin next month so i;ll look up a shop and see what happens

Comment

great info from alot of different people. I bought a Redhead Kryptik Pro from Bass pro and have no complaints. Bass pro has done me correct so far.

Comment

You must of missed the thread about the CSS on a Martin*(bought through HF) that blew up....Martin replaced the bow, not HF....Stay local, JMO

Originally posted by Swampy View Post
                      If you can find a good local guy it is worth the $ for the resource. I bought a Diamond Razors edge with all the trimmings for my 14 yr old son from a local guy and told him that when I brought my Son in for his surprise b-day present I wanted it to simply be a matter of fine tuning the peep sight for his draw and anchor point. When we showed up they started to assemble the bow and a few hours later we left with the kit. They did not tune the bow but I didn't realize until my Son shot the bow at home. I had to learn to do that myself. The complete setup from the "local" guy cost me a lot more than ordering from HF. The shop wasn't all that local either, it's an hour away, but I thought I was buying a good service resource.

After that experience I ordered my PSE Vendetta from HF and it showed up ready to go with a slight adjustment of the peep.

If you have a good local guy by all means support them because good service and support when you're in a pinch is worth it. I have a good local guy for firearms so I buy local but it doesn't make sense to me to pay extra $ and not get the service. Sometimes it can be expensive trying to find a good local guy, it doesn't matter whether it's a mechani, gunsmith, luthier or archery guy. If $ is tight it might be worth getting the best deal and learning how to service it yourself. There are a lot of friendly helpful resources made available by the internet.

Just my .02 worth.

Comment

Stop in to Archery Country then and see Mike L.....he will help ya out.

Originally posted by firexd View Post
                        yes im likeing Bear alot also Quest G5 bows too, hard to pick o well im headeding to Austin next month so i;ll look up a shop and see what happens

Comment

Working...
                        X