No announcement yet.

What Is Considered High Mileage for A Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would never buy a truck with over 100k miles but that is just me.

I just got a 2008 Dodge Dakota 4wd with 4wd and in mint condition for $15500 last week.

There are low mileage trucks out there; u just gotta jump on the ball when you see one as they will be gone within a day or two.

Use the car gurus and autotrader search options to search for that low mileage truck with low mileage.

this is what I found with vehicles within 200 miles of my zip code with 4 doors and a v8 and max mileage under 60k and max price $26k. 211 matches:

Test drive Used Chevrolet Silverado 1500 at home in Pflugerville, TX. Search from 9 Used Chevrolet Silverado 1500 cars for sale, including a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT, a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 W/T, and a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT ranging in price from $16,900 to $25,999.

Comment

Miles don't mean anything if it was kept up the way it should. I have over 220,000 on my 96 GMC Sierra and it's not slowing down.

Comment

I'll sell you my 2003 Tundra with 300,000 miles on it for $20,000. I bet it still has another 300,000 miles left in it. That's a steal right there!

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by randtx View Post
          I am looking at buying a used truck. Man, prices are outrageous, with what I think would be way too many miles on them for the prices they are asking. I'm talking over 100,000 miles and asking over $20,000+ for most of them. To me that is high.

So what is considered high miles for todays vehicles? 2010 models and up. I would hate to pay these prices and only get another 50K - 60K miles out of them.

Let me add I am looking at gas engines.
          What are you looking for?

Comment

I was told that 75k was considered high mileage on my 2010 F150, Im at 87k now had to replace torque converter at 83k. I used to drive an '84 F250 with the 6.9 International diesel. It had 350k when I bought it for $800 then sold it for $1000 with 643k. Not once did I have to do any work on the motor or trans in that whole time except replace throttle cable.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
              What are you looking for?
              Either a Ford F-150 or Ram 1500 4 door 2010 or newer. Something dependable.

I know several have said it depends on how it was cared for. The problem is, you just don't know how it was driven, what it hauled, how it was maintained.

Comment

I know several have said it depends on how it was cared for. The problem is, you just don't know how it was driven, what it hauled, how it was maintained.
                2wd or 4wd?

Comment

What is your max price you wanna spend, max mileage you want and do you want a v6 or v8, full cab or single cab or trailer package, etc.?

Comment

2 wheel with locking rear diff or 4 wheel. More interested in miles and price.

Comment

You just have to realize what your buying. Most trucks, now days,the engine will be fine, if they did regular maintenance on it. I think that has more to do with improvements in oils than motors. The main thing to watch on high mileage trucks is the transmission and suspension. The last truck I bought had 160,000 miles. I put about $3,000 into the transmission and suspension. Changed front and rear seals on the motor. New brakes, rotors, and master. Now runs like a new truck.

Comment

im looking at several that have less than 50k miles and are listed at or below $30k.

Comment

Yes used trucks are high imo too, even with over 100k on them. It took me a while to find a deal when I bought mine in December of 2015. It was a 2013 Nissan Titan 4x4 loaded...lifted, leather etc with 62k on it. I gave a hair under 23k for it. It was a great deal but it took a while to find. I watched cargurus.com for a while

Comment

I bought my 2004 Chevy 2500 HD 4dr 4x4 gas with 15,000 miles and paid $22,000 in 2005. I sold it in 2016 with 240,000 miles on it for $5000. Everything worked. I don't see these crazy prices people are asking. There is no way they are getting it. A gas truck with 100,000 miles shouldn't be more than $8000.

A chevy you should get 200,000 miles before things start to break. I can't speak for the other brands. My brother puts 300,000 on his without issues.

Comment

I just sold My 2006 Silverado Crew Cab, 4WD Z71. I was the original owner. Regular maintenance was always done and I had 225,000 miles on it and it was still running strong. I wanted to keep it for my kids to drive when they turn 16, but that is still 3 1/2 years away. Didn't make sense to keep it.

Todd

Comment

Working...
                              X