I caught a home run at Wrigley Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and some buddies take a mancation each summer to a different MLB city before school starts. We go watch some baseball and eat a lot of good food. This year we went to Chicago and Milwaukee.

The Cubs played the Padres on 8/2/18. We had bleacher seat tickets and found an open spot down the left field line.

In the top half of the 6th inning, Austin Hedges sent one over the left field fence. The ball started tracking our way and just kept getting closer. The guys sitting two rows in front of us reached up to catch the ball, but it bounced off of their hands and right into mine.

This was the first ball I’ve ever caught at an MLB game and I did what every bleacher bum dreams of. I threw it back!!!

I felt like a kid on Christmas Day. It was a surreal, once in a lifetime experience. After the game, I was talking to a Cubs employee who was on the field and told him I caught (and threw it back) the home run. He said here take this one, it was used in tonight’s game.

I added it to my shrine today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that is cool!!!

Comment

That’s Awesome!

Comment

You could have been the rebel!! But you got an awesome story either way. Congrats!

Comment

That is awesome! Congrats

Comment

**** brother!!!!! How cool

Think I was there for every opener from 68 to 81....... so cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              You could have been the rebel!! But you got an awesome story either way. Congrats!

Lol at you

Comment

Now that's cool!!!!!!

Comment

That’s cool!

Comment

That is cool

Comment

Waaaaay too freakin cool !!! Watching a game at Wrigley and Fenway is on my to do list

Comment

Here’s the video. I had to get a photo and you can hear the crowd cheer when I three it back just about the time he crossed home plate.

CHICAGO -- The Padres were eager to flip the calendar after their second-worst month in franchise history. So far, so good, as they snapped a seven-game losing streak with a 6-1 win over the Cubs on Thursday night at Wrigley Field.The big blow was Austin Hedges' go-ahead three-run homer down

Pedernal...no chance I’m keeping that ball. Too much of an honor to throw it back and 41,000 other fans strongly objected to me keeping it. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Greatness. Glad you stuck with tradition.

Comment

Awesome man!!!!

Comment

You're a Bleacher Bum!!!!!' Hell Yes

Comment

Working...
                              X