2017 F-250 who's bought one so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
    2018 with the 6.2 running on 35”s stock height.

What gears do you have? How’s the mileage with the 35’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
      What gears do you have? How’s the mileage with the 35’s?

I have 373 gears was averaging 13. Mpg going to Mobile, Alabama last week. Hopefully the mileage improves when it’s broken in. lol I only have 2500 Miles on it

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
        I have 373 gears was averaging 13. Mpg going to Mobile, Alabama last week. Hopefully the mileage improves when it’s broken in. lol I only have 2500 Miles on it

Not bad for a big truck on 35s.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
          On my 17 F250 thats leveled with 35" tires I've been deleted around 4000 miles. Used EZ lynk with Tyrant tunes running a shift on the fly file. 40, 80, 120, 160, 200 hp. The EZ lynk system is amazing and I can't recommend it enough. It's awesome to have that much of a connection to your tuner where he can write a new file custom for you and have it on your truck in less than an hour.
          My results have been great. The truck has so much more response now. And I find myself using a lot less throttle to accelerate at the same speed as before. Also my average MPG went from 12.5 to 16.5. I usually keep it on the 120 horse tune. And never having to deal with the DEF system again is awesome.
          I was hoping for better fuel economy and turbo Lag elimination. Not really interested in the extra HP and smoke ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
            I was hoping for better fuel economy and turbo Lag elimination. Not really interested in the extra HP and smoke ability.

The extra HP helps to increase fuel economy. I use less throttle to get the same acceleration results. And I’m seeing about 4 mpg increase across the board. Could probably get better if I drove it easier. How could you be unhappy with 4 mpg increase?
            As far as turbo lag you’re never going to eliminate it. The fords have the least amount of turbo lag due to the intercooler they use.
            But after tuning I’ve noticed less lag. But like I said the low boost fueling tune that I use helps spool the turbo faster but does smoke more. Just gotta learn how to drive it to keep it from smoking much.
            Last edited by keatonskidmore; 06-26-2018, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post

Most of the DEF trucks don’t see a huge boost in fuel mileage like the older ones used to. Also really the only way to overcome turbo lag is to fuel it heavy & advance the timing on the injection cycle which is going to cause smoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Last edited by Mike D; 06-26-2018, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                The extra HP helps to increase fuel economy. I use less throttle to get the same acceleration results. And I’m seeing about 4 mpg increase across the board. Could probably get better if I drove it easier. How could you be unhappy with 4 mpg increase?
                As far as turbo lag you’re never going to eliminate it. The fords have the least amount of turbo lag due to the intercooler they use.
                But after tuning I’ve noticed less lag. But like I said the low boost fueling tune that I use helps spool the turbo faster but does smoke more. Just gotta learn how to drive it to keep it from smoking much.
                You have a miracle truck

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy1911 View Post
                  You have a miracle truck
                  Yeah it's not bad! My last tank I averaged 16.5. That was driving to Fort worth, all around Fort Worth over the weekend, and back home. If I was stock height and stock tires I think it'd do better.

Comment

Bumping to the top. Currently looking at a few different trucks. Went and test drove a couple of different F250s yesterday. Specifically, I’m looking at 2018’s. Anyone have any major complaints about the 6.7? If you have one, would you buy it again?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
                      I was actually doing some google searches on this and saw people talking about what they experienced and a few of them said they gained 2 more gallons but that just doesn’t make sense to me. Keeps us updated when you fill her up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      So after a second trip to the dealer, my "34" gallon tank can barely hold 27 gallons. I've filled it 5 or 6 times since it was last in the shop. Been running it dang near to empty. Have already left a message with the service department at the dealer.

I don't understand what is hard to understand...a 34 gallon tank should hold 34 gallons. Pretty simple.

Comment

Was camping 4th of July weekend ( I have a 17’) when the camper across from me pulled up (18’) with dealer tags... and a newer looking 5th wheel. I noticed I looked like you couldn’t get a business card between bed & trailer. As he was backing up CRUNCH!!! Trailer hit straight above rear tires and smashed bed down about 4” !!!

If y’all been pulling with older model super duty’s check clearance before assuming on the new body style

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                          So after a second trip to the dealer, my "34" gallon tank can barely hold 27 gallons. I've filled it 5 or 6 times since it was last in the shop. Been running it dang near to empty. Have already left a message with the service department at the dealer.

I don't understand what is hard to understand...a 34 gallon tank should hold 34 gallons. Pretty simple.
                          Check out the Ford Truck Enthusiasts website and try the search function. Ford has a TSB (Trouble Shoot Bulletin) on this. Certain build dates (2017's???) did get a smaller tank and the sending unit for DTE (distance to empty) also was being miscalculated. On newer build dates, there is a 34 gallon tank, but the DTE says 0 miles when there is still 4 to 6 gallons in the tank. Ford claims the fuel helps keep the fuel pump cool and is a reserve... I can run my 2018 50 to 60 miles past "empty" and it will take 31 to 32 gallons. (Feels kinda sketchy the first time.) The website lists the TSB number and if you press it with Ford they will check the capacity of the tank...

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            Was camping 4th of July weekend ( I have a 17’) when the camper across from me pulled up (18’) with dealer tags... and a newer looking 5th wheel. I noticed I looked like you couldn’t get a business card between bed & trailer. As he was backing up CRUNCH!!! Trailer hit straight above rear tires and smashed bed down about 4” !!!

If y’all been pulling with older model super duty’s check clearance before assuming on the new body style

This is a problem I will face as I only have about 6 inches of gap between my current 2011 F-250 and my fifth wheel travel trailer.
                            I was hoping the jacked up rear end of the newer trucks would squat down to level once under a load.

Comment

Those of you that got the factory gooseneck hook up, did the ball and safety chain eyes come with it or did you have to buy separately?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                                Those of you that got the factory gooseneck hook up, did the ball and safety chain eyes come with it or did you have to buy separately?
                                You have to buy separately.

You can get from ford. Or get aftermarket one from amazon or where ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X