Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are good sauce tomatoes

Comment

Wife is getting a big bucket full of squash, zucchini, cukes, and 'maters about every other day now... She's gonna have to start canning here pretty soon. Peas are starting to bloom. Corn is about knee high. I gotta get after the deer/coon prevention fence measures likely this weekend... Also got to run the cultivator through the middles again... grass/weeds are also doing well!! This is a new garden spot for us so this first season it's been a constant battle with grass/weeds and bugs... but I think we may be finally winning both wars...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Wife is getting a big bucket full of squash, zucchini, cukes, and 'maters about every other day now... She's gonna have to start canning here pretty soon. Peas are starting to bloom. Corn is about knee high. I gotta get after the deer/coon prevention fence measures likely this weekend... Also got to run the cultivator through the middles again... grass/weeds are also doing well!! This is a new garden spot for us so this first season it's been a constant battle with grass/weeds and bugs... but I think we may be finally winning both wars...
        Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
          Shouldn't have any issues with the mix.

Here is a calendar for zone 8 (still lots available):

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Where is zone 8? And where did you get this graph?

Comment

My wife and I got out this evening and cut back all the plants and takes up all the dead leaves. We are hoping we can salvage a few of them!

Comment

Finally got my first pepper bloom. But being the plant is only 6" tall, I don't think it will support it. It's an Anaheim .

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                Where is zone 8? And where did you get this graph?
                Here you are Sir:

http://www.ufseeds.com/Zone-8-Planting-Calendar.html

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Finally got my first pepper bloom. But being the plant is only 6" tall, I don't think it will support it. It's an Anaheim .

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
                  Looking Good! I pinch mine until the plant is about 12-18" high, my poblano plant is about 36-42" now, but my peppers stopped growing @ about 6" long. I'm thinking about harvesting them so the new ones have plenty energy!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                    Looking Good! I pinch mine until the plant is about 12-18" high, my poblano plant is about 36-42" now, but my peppers stopped growing @ about 6" long. I'm thinking about harvesting them so the new ones have plenty energy!

The way My pepper plants have been growing, 18" is a pipe dream right now . Lost half my japs over Easter when I was gone for three days. Biggest pepper plants I have right now are about 9" tall. Just put 4 of my largest in the ground yesterday. And three of my healthiest Anaheim in two days ago. And put two more in the ground a week ago. Only one of the two survived. But they were only 3" tall. And not in very good health. I'll prob put a couple more in tomorrow. My tomatoes are starting to take off though. I've got one plant that is about 15" tall now. Leaves reallly getting wide and long. I added some liquid fertilizer to everything last Sunday. And it was like all the plants were jumping out of the ground the first two days. Just fed them all again today. Instructions said once a week. But with the possible rain for Sunday, and since I'll be at my grandson's B-day party Sunday, I went ahead and fed today. I also didn't' want the nutrients to get washed away with the possible rains. I've also got a set-up with a piece of guttering to collect rainwater with in a 45 gallon can. That is what I use when I've got enough in it. Still have some pepper plants that are only 1-1.5" tall . Don't know what their deal is. Their struggling. And may not make it . Next year I will be well prepared!

Comment

We had a hail storm com through at 1am last night and wiped our garden out. The tomatoes are the only thing standing, because of the cages. Everything else is gone, literally broke of at the base and blown away!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OK, let me get this straight...you had a freak swarm of bees mysteriously swarm and take over your tree in the backyard and then an apocalyptic hail storm completely wipes out your family's garden!?!?!?

I'd get right with the LORD before the rest of the plagues hit the Krum area!

Sorry to hear about the garden. It was looking great.

Comment

My wife and I got out this evening and cut back all the plants and takes up all the dead leaves. We are hoping we can salvage a few of them!

Way to go!!
                        You still have time. I'm sure you will have a few plants come back.

Comment

My helper in my tomato garden earlier today. Such a scary dog.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well glad you were able to salvage some of your garden... You still got time to get some more stuff in.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                              OK, let me get this straight...you had a freak swarm of bees mysteriously swarm and take over your tree in the backyard and then an apocalyptic hail storm completely wipes out your family's garden!?!?!?

I'd get right with the LORD before the rest of the plagues hit the Krum area!

Sorry to hear about the garden. It was looking great.
                              AMEN!!![emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji121] [emoji121] [emoji121]

Comment

Well I just finished side dressing the garden this morning and my bride gathered veggies yesterday evening, even picked a few blackberries... Had some with cream on 'em and that's just hard to beat!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6719.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	24497470

Name:	IMG_6717.JPG
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	24497471

Name:	IMG_6718.JPG
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	24497472

I have to pinch myself sometimes to see if this is all real... can't believe how the Lord has blessed my wife and me with this place!! Praise God!

Comment

Working...
                                X