1970's Honda mini trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1970's Honda mini trail

Here's a mini bike that my dad had when he was a kid. I did a little research and i think it was made in 1972. When I was big enough for my feet to reach the ground I learned to ride it as well. It's been sitting in my dads shop the past 15-20 years. As you can see it needs some TLC. I have a little boy now and hopefully in several years he can maybe have the joys of riding a bike his pawpaw and dad both grew up riding. Not to much worried with paint as it just needs a good washing. But I'd like to get the chrome parts redone and motor worked over. I live in Lake Charles, La. Any recommendations on someone who knows about these older bikes and could restore it a bit for me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Elite0429; 04-09-2018, 09:03 AM.

That thing is sweet. As far as chrome parts, probably cheaper to pull the parts off yourself and send them off and get them re-chromed then just find someone who works on small engines near you

Comment

Remember those little bikes well. They were a lot of fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
        That thing is sweet. As far as chrome parts, probably cheaper to pull the parts off yourself and send them off and get them re-chromed then just find someone who works on small engines near you
        I guess I could take my time to write down what went where and do it myself. would be a learning experience for me

Comment

Cool! I haven't been on one of those in about 3 decades, maybe a little more.

Comment

I got a dislocated hip because of one the Little Wheel got me

Comment

Probably the first motorized bike I ever road!!! Took me back a minute.

Comment

It's a Honda, it prolly just needs gas and a strong leg to get her going.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Elite0429 View Post
                  I guess I could take my time to write down what went where and do it myself. would be a learning experience for me
                  If you do this take lots of pictures as you go along, it will help with putting it back together. I wish I had the one I learned on 45 years ago that's a good keep.

Comment

If the tank is not rusted all you need is a fresh set of points, plug and a carb job.

Thats a 50cc, right?

Comment

I have a 1978 Mini 50 Z, still runs but could use some TLC.

I found a few place that still has a ton of after market parts and cosmetic pieces. Let me see if I can find the link... here you go.

Previous slide Next slide WELCOME TO TBPARTS.COM WHERE WE HAVE BEEN SERVING PIT BIKE, TRAIL & STREET MINI ENTHUSIASTS SINCE 1995. We have over 20 categories of parts covering the following models: SHOP – HONDA ATC70/TRX70, CRF110, CRF125, CRF150F, CT70, GROM 125/MSX125, MONKEY 125, SL70/XL70, TRX90, XR100/CRF100, XR70/CRF70, XR75, XR80/CRF80, Z50/Z50R, XR50/CRF50 SHOP – KAWASAKI [...]

Breck making it roll when he was a tad younger...

Rwc
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Rwc; 04-09-2018, 09:51 AM. Reason: Added Picture.

Comment

That little bike brings back a memory - When I was 10-11 a kid in my neighborhood got one for Christmas. I tried and tried to get him to let me ride it. I lied and swore I knew what I was doing. (Truthfully, I had never ridden a motorcycle, but how hard could it be?) He finally relented - I jumped on, took off and promptly t-boned the curb and launched myself into the bushes. He was not pleased

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                          It's a Honda, it prolly just needs gas and a strong leg to get her going.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                          yea, Im sure it wouldn't take much.

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                          If the tank is not rusted all you need is a fresh set of points, plug and a carb job.

Thats a 50cc, right?
                          the tank has 0 rust from what I can see. and yes I believe it is a 50

Comment

It's a 50. As stated it's a Honda. Clean the tank a few times, buy a in line fuel filter, clean the carb and jets. You may have to do that a few times also. Turn the fuel on at the petcock valve and kick away. Try giving it gas also when u kick it. It might still be good.

Comment

There is a guy that lives down the street from me that restores these, he has several of them that he runs around the block every few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X