X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theres a go fund me account for the widow and their 5 kids

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
      We can all play Monday morning quarterback. It boils down to both men being caught off guard. It happens. Client probably had little knowledge of how fast and bad things can turn. Guide has been there hundreds of times with no issues and dropped his guard. You drop your guard and it doesn't take long to be in life or death situation. We will never know what really happened up on that mountain. I have a hard time blaming the hunter for his actions as I really don't know what he did or didn't do. For those of you saying he was a coward for running. Guess what happens in Africa when the ***** hits the fan hunting a one of the big 5. At some point it turns to every man for himself and you know this going into it. I don't know what I would have done in this situation as I wasn't there.
      Yep! Lots of bravado on here.[emoji849] Sure gonna be interesting to see what comes out of all of this. Prayers for both families in this terrible time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
        I’ve hunted my entire life. Raised on a ranch and lived in the city and country both. Have guided tons of hunters (none in bear country) and don’t believe I’ve ever seen a Glock much less would I have any idea how to use it correctly. I’d bet I could say the same for most of my friends. Just never had a need for any handgun and frankly they scare the crud out of me! Now, if I was heading into bear country, I’d dang sure learn!😎
        This was me until I finally decided to learn to shoot and handle a handgun about 6 or 7 years ago. Honestly, I was always kind of intimidated by them until I made myself get familiar with them.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          This was me until I finally decided to learn to shoot and handle a handgun about 6 or 7 years ago. Honestly, I was always kind of intimidated by them until I made myself get familiar with them.
          My daughter is a student at UH. She took lessons and knows how to use one. Keeps the target from her lessons in her front window for all to see. My son lives in Dallas and is in Colorado as we speak elk hunting. Has a Judge with him at all times and is comfortable with it. I like guns with loooong barrels!!!! Lol

Comment

Thx for posting.

Comment

I’ve hunted my entire life. Raised on a ranch and lived in the city and country both. Have guided tons of hunters (none in bear country) and don’t believe I’ve ever seen a Glock much less would I have any idea how to use it correctly. I’d bet I could say the same for most of my friends. Just never had a need for any handgun and frankly they scare the crud out of me! Now, if I was heading into bear country, I’d dang sure learn!😎
              Not sure i have any friends that don’t own a Glock. Interesting that you and your friends have never seen one. Good thing where you live there will be plenty of people with a LTC to help protect you in a bad situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                Yep! Lots of bravado on here.[emoji849] Sure gonna be interesting to see what comes out of all of this. Prayers for both families in this terrible time.

Glad to know you and I think alike. Knowing your posting history this makes me feel better. I know I'm not staying around for a fight with a grizzly, lion, leopard, great white etc. I'll help out to a point where I know there is a good chance I'm dying too. Then I'm out. If that makes me a pussycat then so be it. I have a family counting on me to come home.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                  Not sure i have any friends that don’t own a Glock. Interesting that you and your friends have never seen one. Good thing where you live there will be plenty of people with a LTC to help protect you in a bad situation.
                  There it is! TBH never disappoints (or maybe it is always disappoints).. was waiting for the bashing...
                  Last edited by nursejenn; 09-20-2018, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post

LOL! I didn't realize a Glock (or even a handgun/LTC) was the only (or even most effective) means of self-protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

LOL! I didn't realize a Glock (or even a handgun/LTC) was the only (or even most effective) means of self-protection.

I always figured a handgun was just to lay down some cover fire so you could get to your rifle

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                        There it is! TBH never disappoints (or maybe it is always disappoints).. was waiting for the bashing...
                        Bashing? Not my intention. Think whatever you want.

Comment

I would imagine i could figure a Glock out having never handled one, not sure if i could figure it out under that kind of pressure. I own h&ks by the way. At the end if the day, the guide made a fatal mistake by not being armed in a kill site in bear country. I feel bad for all involved.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Please share with me your most effective means of self protection when faced with a bear attack while bowhunting or a life threatening attack by another human.

Comment

You would be able to use it correctly. My point being that a Glock is hamerless weapon with no safety. Rock the slide and pull the trigger. If you keep one in the chamber its point and shoot. It is probably the most simple and easiest to use pistol out there. I guess if the hunter had never seen or used a pistol before in his life but that would be it.

Comment

Working...
                              X