No announcement yet.

Buying a new travel trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont get too big, or too many bells and whistles. The bigger the harder it is to use. More bells the more fails.

Comment

Check out sites live rvshare.com and outdoorsy.com and look at renting. I would never buy one new. I figured out realistically how many nights I would spend per year in the RV and did the math. Renting would work better for us.

Comment

Check out the market place on Facebook in your area and you will see how many Trailers are out there for sale at good prices. No reason to buy new.

Comment

Well, my CEO also decided we wanted a travel trailer. Did a lot of research and were planning on buying a used one. We ended up with a 2018 White Hawk 29BHS. Sticker was $44k and we got it for $26k - 40% off. All of the 2019's are out now, so you can get a pretty decent deal on a new 2018 from the lot. Our budget was $25k for a used one (1-2 years old) so I think we did Ok. Found exactly what we wanted and pulled the trigger. I'll use it pretty much every weekend during duck season and we already have plans to go to Port A, the Dakotas, the Northeast and Colorado.

Comment

Whatever you get if is wired 50 amp that will work wherever there is power available, but if your camping or at deer lease and no power, you will need a good size generator. Have a 2015 32ft wired for 50 amp but CAN NOT run 50 amp off of 30 amp generator. Can run one or the other ac units but not both at same time. On ac unit,refrigerator, microwave at same time no problem at all. Have a generac brand generator 9375/7500 and has no problem running multiple appliances. Mine been at lease since day one and no issues with it.

Comment

I have purchased two used trailers from PPL at 59 South at BW8. You and your wife should make the drive early one day and look over the lot. The sales people stay inside the building and you can check out every trailer/RV on the lot. Then once you find something, then ask the staff for their thoughts. Their parts/service department is awesome as well. Good luck with your search.

Comment

Just remember on those 1-2 year old ones, people are most likely upside down on them and are asking well above market value. Not saying the case all the time though.

Comment

Working...
                X