Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good weather for duck and goose huntin

Comment

I will have to say that after fighting wasps in the heat last Monday, cold wind is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
        I will have to say that after fighting wasps in the heat last Monday, cold wind is welcome.
        You need to throw some no pest fly strips in your blind next year.

I hope they all freeze this weekend and will be gone for season as they have been bad

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
          You need to throw some no pest fly strips in your blind next year.

I hope they all freeze this weekend and will be gone for season as they have been bad
          What's strange is that the wasps rarely come in my stand. I spray my stands down with Demon and only have them inside on occasion. These were swarming the outside and dive bombing my windows.

Comment

I think the rut has finally got in full swing around here. I'll be in the stand either way.

Comment

Makes the Ground blind choice easy.

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
                Let's hope! We'll be up tight on the north end of our big duck pond. Ducks come right into decoys like mad in high wind,,,,but there has to be ducks flying first for this to happen. Not a heck of a lot yet where we are. Hope they are riding the wind in on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
                  Exactly where I will be!!

I'm excited. I think tomorrow morning is gonna be great.

Comment

According to the hour by hour, the wind will start to lay just before sundown Saturday. Maybe that last 30 minutes before dark will be good for deer movement.

Comment

Sitting high up in a tree stand when it is windy sure beats working in the Gulf on a barge in 6-8' swells plus the wind.

Comment

The rut is on so anything can happen. I'll be breaking in my Mr. Buddy heater and my semi new pop up blind. Sure beats not hunting.

Comment

Working...
                        X