Traeger Pellet Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traeger Pellet Smoker

A friend has one and it seems pretty awesome. Any opinions?

Have one and it's awesome. Only way we grill/smoke anymore.

Comment

Only downside to a traeger that I know of is they don't get very hot, so steaks and burger are more smoked than grilled. You might also take a look at the Yoders and Rec-Tecs.

Comment

Supposed to b killer smokers I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
          Only downside to a traeger that I know of is they don't get very hot, so steaks and burger are more smoked than grilled. You might also take a look at the Yoders and Rec-Tecs.
          Yep I make burgers on mine it'll get 450 or so but I don't do steaks

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
          Have one and it's awesome. Only way we grill/smoke anymore.
          And this absolutely love mine

Comment

I use one at a family member's ranch. It makes a good brisket but a bag of pellets is expensive and I can only get 3 cooks out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
              I use one at a family member's ranch. It makes a good brisket but a bag of pellets is expensive and I can only get 3 cooks out of it.
              $15-20 for a bag of pellets. Cheaper than propane or charcoal.

Comment

I love mine. I use the pellets I get at Academy, $12 bag.

Comment

Originally posted by BTAssassin View Post
                  I love mine. I use the pellets I get at Academy, $12 bag.
                  That is probably my problem. I have been buying the pellets in San Saba because my local HEB does not sell them. Ill head to Academy. That is reasonable for a bag that will do 3 long cooks.

Comment

Don't have a Traeger I have a Green Mountain but Traeger is a good smoker and as said earlier the easiest/best way to smoke and grill. So long propane and wood and hello pellets.

Comment

Just cooked Salmon on mine tonight as I finished up the yard work. When I am home I do all the cooking. Wife surprised me with the Traeger this past Christmas. I have had a Big Green Egg Large for 11 years, two Webber charcoal and a big gas grill. The Traeger gets most of the action during the week; however, the Egg gets the Thanksgiving turkey, burgers and steak. The Webbers come into play now and then. The Traeger is convenient and consistent. We have three Traegers at the Panhandle Ranch and when we have round up weekend working cattle, I do most of the cooking on the Traeger. This past elk season, our outfitter cooked all the meals on the big Traeger for an entire week. I love mine and the others that I cook on. They do eat the pellets on big meals, and they are loud if you are listening for elk or turkey. Good luck hope this helps!

Comment

Also, you can now buy pellets at Wal-Mart and they seem to work just fine in my Traeger.

Comment

Love my Traeger. Used an offset stick burner for 30 years. Traeger makes it easy.

Comment

Green Mountain here, along with a Lyfe Time. Bases covered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one and love it.

Best advice I can give is to buy some nomex gasket material and seal the lid and buy an amazen smoke tube. It will help with the smoke tremendously.0

Comment

Working...
                              X