• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by berto View Post
    What area Is it in
    It's just outside of brazoria

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
    With any type of waterfront that put's it in a whole new category cost wise. You also mentioned the realtor told you about building specs to a point? I would ask for clarification, perhaps they just don't want say mobiles? Also, particularly with a agent involved, there should be immediate disclosure if there is a flood zone report. It does not matter if it didn't flood last year as there should be records of flooding in the past.

At least in our area of north Texas, Granbury: Well's run $12-15K+- depending on depth, septic starts about $6K to $8K depending on type. Cost for electric to your pad site depends on provider and distance to run it. Some will state an allowance for a specified distance but beyond that it can get expensive quick. Also be sure to find out if there are any restrictions on type of drive way...dirt, gravel, caliche, paved, etc. If the site is rocky that can drive up costs for well and septic.

Lots of factors so do your research and ask as many questions as you can.

Good luck and hope it works for you.
    Yeah, I asked for a clarification or what exactly would be acceptable or unacceptable. I want something in writing if exactly what I can build. We have no intentions of putting a trailer out there but I would like to build a barn. Thanks for this info though.

Comment

What has land sold for in the past? Do you have a broker?

Comment

That's a lot of money outside of brazoria..

chinango <sp> ranch also has 5 acre tracks. Think they where around 80k for all 5

Comment

chinango <sp> ranch also has 5 acre tracks. Think they where around 80k for all 5
          Do you know any details about the Chenango ranch? My wife and I noticed there are some lots out there that are considerably lower than anything else we have seen. We thought it may just be area but weren't sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
            It's just outside of brazoria

Yeah, I asked for a clarification or what exactly would be acceptable or unacceptable. I want something in writing if exactly what I can build. We have no intentions of putting a trailer out there but I would like to build a barn. Thanks for this info though.
            Enforceable restrictions will be filed in the County Clerk's records. Ask your agent to get a copy from the title company he has a relationship with, shouldn't be a big deal.

Comment

I have the deed restrictions somewhere. We where going to buy out there but decided not to just based on the amount of houses being built. That was 6 years ago, a recent trip out there and there are a lot more houses built. I lived in that are for 4 years and would move back. The only bad part is no high speed internet lol

Comment

I would not pay that for an acre anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  What has land sold for in the past? Do you have a broker?
                  It's hard to say because people's asking prices are all over the board in the surrounding areas. Also alot of them are in slightly different areas. We do have a broker.

Yeah, the problem is convincing my wife to be anywhere farther than 15 minutes from a Starbucks. Haha

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                  Enforceable restrictions will be filed in the County Clerk's records. Ask your agent to get a copy from the title company he has a relationship with, shouldn't be a big deal.
                  I was able to get a copy and go through them. Nothing too outrageous. No shooting guns was one that I wouldn't be happy about.

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                  I would not pay that for an acre anywhere!
                  I would pay 3 times this if it was in the right spot.

Comment

Well after much consideration we decided to go ahead and make an offer. We ended up getting a contract so now we will see what comes of it.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                        It's hard to say because people's asking prices are all over the board in the surrounding areas. Also alot of them are in slightly different areas. We do have a broker.
                        You broker should know these comps off the top of their head.

A piece of property is worth what someone will pay for it. But knowing historical sales could help you educate the seller on what it should trade for.

I would look up your insurance rates for anything you want to build (wind/storm can be higher by the coast). And flood, mainly for insurance.

Not sure exactly where you are looking but soils could be something to look at if you plan on building something large.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                          You broker should know these comps off the top of their head.

A piece of property is worth what someone will pay for it. But knowing historical sales could help you educate the seller on what it should trade for.

I would look up your insurance rates for anything you want to build (wind/storm can be higher by the coast). And flood, mainly for insurance.

Not sure exactly where you are looking but soils could be something to look at if you plan on building something large.
                          We pulled comps but it's like comparing apples to oranges. Mostly it's what you said about what someone is willing to pay for. Basically this land checked all of our boxes so we made a move.
                          The land is not in a flood zone and windstorm will be the same anywhere in brazoria county.

Comment

One of my buddies just told me yesterday he has decided to sell his 2 Acre Lot in Chinango Sub. for 40K. If you are interested I will give you his number.

Comment

Working...
                            X